Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Cardboard by Doug TenNapel - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Cam's out-of-work father can only afford to get cardboard for his son's birthday. The cardboard in question is magical and anything made from it will come to life. When Marcus, the neighborhood bully, steals the cardboard for his own nefarious purposes, Cam will have to put on a brave face and save his town from destruction.

is a fantastic graphic novel. I love TenNapel's twisted sense of humor and his art style really compliments the tone. It's very fast-paced and clever, as well. I could easily see this being adapted for the big screen by Pixar, or possibly even Tim Burton. I think I prefer Ghostopolis, but this is still a must-read!


I read this from November 30 - December 2, 2014 and my review is also on Goodreads.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I've nominated you for the 7 Deadly Sins tag :) Here: http://victoriajaynesbooks.wordpress.com/2014/12/02/7-deadly-sins/

    ReplyDelete