Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Spellslinger (Spellslinger #1) by Sebastien de Castell + 50/50 Friday




On Friday's I take part in three weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader, and 50/50 Friday is a new weekly link up and it is hosted by Carrie @ The Butterfly Reader and Laura @ Blue Eye Books. For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. Then, for 50/50 Friday, every week there's a new topic featuring two sides of the same coin - you share a book that suits each category and link up on the hosts blogs.


Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my current reads, Spellslinger (Spellslinger #1) by Sebastien de Castell, which is one of my 2020 Popsugar Reading Challenge books.  I've had this on my tbr for years and I'm glad I'm finally getting around to it because it's pretty fantastic so far.

Beginning:

The old spellmasters like to say that magic has a taste.

56:

My father walked back to the door, picked up the card I'd hit him with and then slowly collecteed the others and placed the deck on the table.

50/50 Friday: Favorite/Least Favorite Review You've Written


Favorite - Vicious (Vicious #1) by V.E. Schwab - Still hands down one of my favorite books and favorite reviews!


Least - Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - You know, sometimes I like going on a good rant, but reading this review even though somewhat entertaining still brings back memories.


What are you reading this week?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Vicious is near and dear to my heart as well😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a wicked read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For some reason, the Spellslinger cover reminds me of a Ouija board. Who knows what goes on in my head. ;-) I'd love for you and your readers to check out mine . . . https://lisaksbookthoughts.blogspot.com/2020/01/its-cozy-food-friday-that-means-its_17.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Confession: I've never read Vicious. I know, I know. Everyone loves it and raves about it but I've just never picked it up...

    Thanks for linking up and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Some of my reviews are so bad, I really should just delete them. Then other times I read back on old reviews and I think I worte that? How could I have written something so good? My Friday quotes from NORMAL PEOPLE

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad you are enjoying your current read. I'm a big fan of Vicious too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh, that opening definitely captures my attention and makes me ask questions! Sounds interesting. Happy reading.

    Here's my Friday post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far it's pretty great. Thanks for coming over, Sammie.

      Delete
  8. Sounds like a good one! Hope you enjoy it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like that Beginning and the 56- they both sound interesting! Vicious especially since I played a version of the Bookish Games based on the book, so even though I haven't read it I got to know some of the characters- at least a game version!

    ReplyDelete
  10. A taste of what? I'm intrigued! Thanks for sharing the opening sentence on Book Beginnings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the cover of Spellslinger, and it sounds really good as well. I hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows