Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read
Happy Tuesday everyone! Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. This week's topic is Books I HAD to Have Immediately but Still Haven’t Read, but in honor of Summer of Horror 2026, a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy, I've decided to share Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read. I'm going to start with one title from last year's awards and then work my way backward one at a time until I get to 2016. Without further ado, here we go in order by year:
Hungerstone by Kat Dunn - 2025
You Like It Darker by Stephen King - 2024
Black Sheep by Rachel Harrison - 2023
The Violence by Delilah S. Dawson - 2022
The Whispering Dead (Gravekeeper #1) by Darcy Coates - 2021
The Ghost Tree by Christina Henry - 2020
Bunny (Bunny #1) by Mona Awad - 2019
The Carrow Haunt by Darcy Coates - 2018
Sleeping Beauties by Stephen King and Owen King - 2017
The City of Mirrors (The Passage #3) by Justin Cronin - 2016
Have you read any of these books? Which one should I dive into first? As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!












I can't read horror these days, but love some of these covers.
ReplyDeletehttps://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-i-had-to.html
All of these got some great ones!
DeleteThey look interesting. The closest I get to horror is gothic fiction 🤣
ReplyDeleteHave a great week!
Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/07/28/top-ten-tuesday-books-i-had-to-have-immediately-but-still-havent-read/
Gothic fiction can be a lot of fun. 😊
DeleteWhat a fun idea! Black Sheep is soooo good. And I loved The Violence too. Bunny has also been on my TBR for years😁
ReplyDeleteI can't wait to try them for myself.
DeleteI need to participate in the summer of horror next year!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad I did this year!
DeleteI really need to check Darcy Coates out!
ReplyDeleteI hope you like her books!
DeleteI loved Black Sheep! Then again, I've loved all of this author's books!
ReplyDeleteGood to know!
DeleteI started Bunny and got distracted. I want to get back to it. Here is my post https://paigesofnovels.wordpress.com/2026/07/28/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-live-rent-free-in-my-head/
ReplyDeleteI hope we'll both enjoy it when we finally get around to it.
DeleteI like your take on the topic. Of your list, I've only tried Bunny and only got through about half, if so much, of it. Hopefully it's a better read for you.
ReplyDeleteMy fingers are crossed!
DeleteI hope you enjoy them all when you get the chance to read them.
ReplyDeleteHere's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/the-ten-holiday-reads-on-my-tbr-the-longest/
I hope so!
DeleteI'm a wimp, so I haven't read any of these. I hope you enjoy them!
ReplyDeleteHappy TTT!
Thanks, Susan!
Delete