Friday, October 17, 2014

The Friday 56: Bloom and Doom by Beverly Allen


Welcome to The Friday 56, a weekly meme hosted by Freda's Voice.

These are the rules:
1. Grab a book, any book.
2. Turn to page 56, or 56% on your eReader.
3. Find any sentence (or a few, just don't spoil it) that grabs you.
4. Post it.
5. Add the URL to your post in the link on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post.

I believe I'll will begin with the book I'm currently reading for a book group called Bloom and Doom  by Beverly Allen.


When I opened my apartment door, Chester flew out.  At least that's what I think happened.  I only saw a streak of gray fur.  I set my takeout bag on the porch and managed to locate him under my neighbor's pickup, rubbing his chin against one of the tires.

4 comments:

  1. Wonder what scared the kitty... Sounds like a good cozy!
    Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's not bad! And by the way, the cat's just being a jerk. ;)

      Delete
  2. Love the quote and cozies. Gotta be quick to stop the critter from making its escape. ^_^
    sherry @ fundinmental Friday Memes - Bad Apples

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pretty much me and my cat right there! :) Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete