Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2018 - Music Monday: Zager and Evans & The Postal Service


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Since it's Sci-Fi Month (Sci-Fi Month is a month long celebration of all things sci-fi and it's hosted by Imyril @ One More and Lisa @ Dear Geek Place - Image credit: Photo by Greg Rakozy on Unsplash, Quote from The Long Way to a Small Angry Planet by Becky Chambers), this week month my Music Monday selections will all have a sci-fi flavor.  This week I'm spotlighting "In the Year 2525" by Zager and Evans (1968) and "We Will Become Silhouettes" by The Postal Service (2005). 




I was at a restaurant with a friend for lunch a couple weeks ago and the restaurant plays a wide variety of old albums and this Zager and Evans number one came on.  I hadn't heard it before, but it's a total earworm that's perfect if you're looking for a post-apocalyptic tune.


I don't know about you, but "We Will Become Silhouettes" seems like the perfect post-apocalyptic song to follow "In the Year 2525" up with.  Tonally it sounds very light-hearted, but just listen to those lyrics.  If this makes any sense, it reminds me of a combination of the movies Napoleon Dynamite (the music video is actually directed by Jared Hess, the director of Napoleon Dynamite) and 1960s post-apocalyptic movie Panic in the Year Zero.


Comments

  1. I like these songs. I haven't heard of them before so thanks for mentioning them! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when songs have a sci-fi flavor! Thanks for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card