Skip to main content

The Harvest (Call of the Sirens, #1) by K.B. Benson - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ 

I received a copy of this book from Book Review 22 in exchange for a honest review.

Iris never expected to live her life trapped on land. Nor was she prepared for what she would find there. A siren isn't supposed to fall in love with her prey. When Jace moved to Santa Cruz, he never imagined he'd risk his life to protect a monster. He soon finds that ancient myth has become reality. And not every pretty face is what it seems. After Iris sings her siren's song to Jace — a hypnotic melody that leads men to death beneath the waves — both of their worlds are turned upside down. Will Iris give in to her bloodlust or will she turn her back on everything she's ever known? As the tide runs red with the blood of the Harvest, Iris must choose: save the life of the human boy she loves or sacrifice her chance at humanity forever.

I'm so glad I decided to try The Harvest (Call of the Sirens #1) by K.B. Benson. Honestly, I have a hard time resisting anything featuring mermaids or sirens. Luckily for me, this debut YA fantasy delivered. Benson's writing is quite engaging while being incredibly entertaining. I was hooked right off the bat. I particularly enjoyed how the author works the classic Greek mythology of the sirens and The Odyssey into this present day set story. Along with the fantastic sense of adventure, I also got a kick out of seeing the characters dealing with strictly speaking human issues. My only complaint about the novel is the romance - at times it's a little too romance heavy for my tastes and the jealousy element bothered me a bit as well. Overall, though, The Harvest is well worth your time especially if you're into paranormal romance, mermaids, sirens, or Greek mythology. I can't wait to read the sequel titled The Hunt after that ending!



Thanks again for this opportunity, Book Review 22!


The Harvest (Call of the Sirens #1) by K.B. Benson was released on February 19, 2019 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows