Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: 2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #1

Happy Sunday everyone and welcome to my first 2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini  reviews!  So far I've completed 8 of 50 books for the 2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  I'd say I've made great progress and have read some pretty good books already.  Without further ado, here we go in the order I read them in:

❋ ❋ ❋  
X Troop: The Secret Jewish Commandos of World War II by Leah Garrett is an absolute must read.  The X Troop and their story needs to be common knowledge.  If you haven't read this powerful history book, you need to move it to the top of your TBR.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋  
All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries #1) by Martha Wells is a novella I've been told to read since it was new, but for whatever reason I kept putting it off.  Luckily, I finally decided to give it a chance and I really enjoyed it.  The audiobook production was awesome.  I totally need to read all of the sequels asap!

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋  
I didn't know what to expect with The Ghosts of Eden Park: The Bootleg King, the Women Who Pursued Him, and the Murder That Shocked Jazz-Age America by Karen Abbott, but it was definitely worth picking up.  I really like Abbott's writing style as this reads like a novel. It really pulls you in quickly. I've heard of Capone, but this was my first introduction to Remus and it was something else!

My review is also on Goodreads.

 

❋ ❋ ❋  

Bridge of Souls (Cassidy Blake #3) by Victoria Schwab is another excellent installment of what has been a marvelous paranormal fantasy horror series so far.  Victoria (V.E.) Schwab is one of my all time favorite authors and this has been a lot of fun.  I'm glad I decided to stick with the audiobook format because the production is brilliant.  I hope we'll get to see more of Cassidy in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 
I found several books in this series at a library book sale awhile back and I'll admit that I definitely picked it up for the cover of Total War (The Survivalist #1) by Jerry Ahern, this first book in the series. Yes, it looks like a Chuck Norris movie and it reads like one too. It was a real manly read - and I wouldn't be surprised if it put some hair on my chest. And, you know what? I didn't really expect any more or less.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋  
Miss Moriarty, I Presume? (Lady Sherlock #6) by Sherry Thomas is another great continuation of one of my favorite Sherlock Holmes retellings.  It may not be quite as good as the previous installment but still pretty fantastic.  Honestly, my bar is set really high for this series.  Seriously, if you're a fan of the classic character, you're going to have to try this series.  The audiobook production is especially a must listen.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋  
Martha in the Mirror (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #22) by Justin Richards was good installment of these tie-in novels.  Martha and the Tenth Doctor are a couple of my favorites from this tv series and Justin Richards did a great job bringing their voices to life.  Luckily, the two are spot on to their tv counterparts. It really reminded me of how much I miss Martha. 

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋  
The Guest List by Lucy Foley has been recommended to me so many times and I'm glad I finally decided to give it a try.  The audiobook production is fantastic and I loved that it utilized multiple narrators.  I absolutely need to read more by this author!

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Lucy Foley is quickly becoming one of my favorite authors! I've yet to read The Guest List but it's on my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just read All Systems Red and need to read the next one as well!

    So happy you enjoyed Miss Moriarity. The twist was wild!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! Hopefully we'll both love them!

      It sure was something else! :D

      Delete
  3. Great job so far! I really want to try Lucy Foley soon😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads