Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2022 - The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Upgrade by Blake Crouch


  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 


Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my Sci-Fi Month 2022 reads, Upgrade by Blake Crouch.  By the way, Sci-Fi Month is a month long celebration of all things sci-fi and it's hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place and Imyril @ One More.  (Image credit: Artwork by Simon Fetscher).  The book I'm spotlighting this week is probably my most anticipated book on my TBR!  Without further ado, let's get to it:

Beginning: 

We found Henrik Soren at a wine bar in the international terminal, thirty minutes from boarding a hyperjet to Tokyo.

55:

"It was a perfect, blue-sky day.  The mountains were shining in the sun.  The flooded rice paddies were this lovely, emerald green."


Have you read this book and are you participating in Sci-Fi Month 2022?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I have not read this book. But, it does sound exciting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like an interesting book. I haven't read much sci fi.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/11/04/friday-56-a-moment-on-the-lips-at-christmas-by-j-taylor/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really should read more Sci-Fi. I usually enjoy it. Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is an author on my radar! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's usually awesome! Thanks for coming over, Freda.

      Delete
  5. I keep hearing about this author. I should check out one of his books, Sci-fi doesn't always work for me, but I will keep trying.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This was a lot of fun, and it's perfect for Sci Fi Month😁

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still need to get this. So behind!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read it and liked it. I need to review it. :)

    https://nashvillebookworm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows