Skip to main content

Beat The Backlist 2024 - January Update

Happy Saturday everyone! Today I'm sharing my first update for my January progress on the year long Beat The Backlist 2024 reading challenge, hosted by Austine Decker.  You can see my original tbr here.  In January, I completed 3 out of 52 books on my tbr.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in January:

 ❋  

The Haunting of Leigh Harker by Darcy Coates is an incredibly suspenseful and creepy horror novel.  I loved the tone and style of it - you can practically taste the suspense.  You know what the opening of reminded me of?  That movie Trilogy of Terror, especially that doll and Karen Black in the final segment!  I'm so glad I decided to start reading this author last year because it's been quite a ride so far and I have plenty to catch up on.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

Angel: Close to the Ground (Buffyverse Novels #49) by Jeff Mariotte is a fun Angel tie-in novel that's set during the first half of season one.  Jeff Mariotte does a great job of getting the tone of Cordelia, Doyle, and Angel with this story.  There are a few moments that would have been really cool to see on screen, especially Cordelia's studio tour guide job.  That would have been priceless!


My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋  

Code of Honor by Alan Gratz is certainly a fast-paced YA thriller alright.  I've really enjoyed everything I've read from this author so far, and although this one may be my least favorite of the group so far.  I wouldn't exactly say it's realistic but it had me definitely had me hooked and invested in Kamran's story.  For me, that's the aspect that really makes it work for me - and that it feels like it's ripped from the headlines.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read these book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I want to read the Angel book and the Darcy Coates book! Looks like you're off to a great start😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're a lot of fun and I hope you enjoy them when you get there!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US