Skip to main content

Summer of Horror 2026 - Sunday Funday: August Week 3 Update

summer of horror 2026 logo

Happy Sunday Funday and welcome to my eleventh weekly update for Summer of Horror 2026 (my third of August), a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy.  I had a pretty busy week this go around, but I did make it through a bit more of my watchlist at least.  Keep reading to see what I've gotten up to since last week.

My Summer of Horror This Week:




What I've Watched This Week:

Gyeongseong Creature (Season 2) - Netflix - I'm glad I finally finished this series (with episodes 3-7 this week). I wouldn't say season 2 is quite as strong as the first, but I was still invested in our two leads. 

My review is also on Serializd.

❋.5
Episode 3: It's really picking up and a lot happened in this episode. I still have so many questions, though! I was getting pretty choked up by that final scene.

My review is also on Serializd.

❋.5
Episode 4: It's really starting to come together now! The scene where Ho-jae starts to remember his past was great.  I miss his 1945 family!

My review is also on Serializd.

❋ 
Episode 5: This is easily the best episode of season 2 so far, and by that I mean brutal and upsetting. I know I said I missed the 1945 family and it was good to see them a little bit more here, that was brutal.  I mean, I was guessing it had to be but I wasn't expecting it to go like that. How could I forget how much I hated Lady Maeda?!

My review is also on Serializd.

Episode 6: Dang it, Seung-jo! I want you to turn everything around after what  we've already learned about you.  I still have a lot of questions about what Tae-sang and the company have been up to for the all of this time and I hope  we'll get more answers in the finale.  Also, I finally figured out where I've seen Lee Moo-saeng, the actor playing Captain Kuroko, before - he was Chief Gong Soo-hyuk in The Silent Sea!

My review is also on Serializd.

Episode 7: I'm not counting that post credit scene when I say this, but good for Seung-jo for what he does to Lady Maeda.  That was satisfying.  I'm also happy with that ending for Tae-sang/ Ho-jae and Chae-ok.  Honestly, that's about as good as it could be for them.  I also like that it's hopeful as well.  They deserve something nice.  Also, that restaurant that he comes out of in their final scene, Le Pul, looks like it would be a delightful little place. I doubt there will be a third season, but I'm good with where this ends overall even though we didn't get all the answers.

My review is also on Serializd.

What I Read This Week:

I didn't finish any of my Summer of Horror books this week.  It was a pretty busy week!

What I'm Reading Now:

Secrets in the Dark (Black Winter #2) by Darcy Coates - I'm about a third of the way through this and I'm really liking where it's going so far!


Are you participating in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books or watched these movies and shows?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Goodreads Choice Awards Horror Nominees I Still Want To Read

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't