Skip to main content

Music Monday: I Believe In You


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

This week I'm spotlighting the song "I Believe In You" from the musical How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying (1961).  This musical has also been adapted into the 1967 movie featuring some of the original cast (Robert Morse as J. Pierpont Finch is back), and it's been revived on Broadway a few times since including in 1995 with Matthew Broderick and 2011 with Daniel Radcliffe.  I just happened to catch the movie again on tv a couple of weeks ago and I had totally forgotten how much I love the movie.  "I Believe In You" is one of my favorite songs from the soundtrack and below I've shared the scene featuring the song from the movie, as well as a cover of the song from 1964 by Frank Sinatra and Count Baisie.  Have you ever seen the movie, the musical, or listened to the any of the soundtrack or cast recordings?




Comments

  1. I haven't seen How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, but I like the songs and now want to want to watch the movie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a lot of fun - I hope you get the chance to see it. It has a lot of great songs. :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, I don't think I've seen it either... but fun songs, and yes, you've made me wonder about the film, too now. ;)

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a fun tag to start off the week. I love your choices. I am not familiar with the musical, but I do know the songs. I will be singing them all day. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally doing the same - for several days... :D

      Delete
  4. I saw a high school production of this many moons ago and I remember I loved the music. I didn't realize there was a film version - I need to watch this! I also love the Frank Sinatra version. I've heard it before and did not make the connection it was from the musical. Excellent choice this week Lauren! I channeled a little Library Magic this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just happened to stumble upon the movie ages ago on VHS - so glad I happened to catch it! :)

      Thanks for linking up!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows