Skip to main content

Music Monday: Big Band Bash


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

A couple week ago I picked up a copy of a CD called Big Band Bash (1989) that features many essential tracks from the genre.  Most of the songs I was already familiar with, but there were a handful that I wasn't and there were a couple that I wouldn't exactly classify as a part of that genre.  Either way all of the songs are all great and needless to say I've been listening to it a lot since I got it.  Below I've decided to share two of my favorites which I definitely consider to be essentials of the genre - "Sing, Sing, Sing" by Benny Goodman and His Orchestra (1937) and "Skyliner" by Charlie Barnet and His Orchestra (1944).





Comments

  1. I haven't listened to these songs in years! They're still excellent, especially Sing, Sing, Sing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We've got a lot of Benny Goodman music on Dave's iPod. Always uplifting to hear - I just wish I had learned to dance like they did back then :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! I know right - that would be awesome to know how to dance like that. :)

      Delete
  3. HI Lauren!

    I've got a couple of Benny Goodman, too! In addition, my author I interviewed for this meme today, chose Ella Fitzgerald as one of her favourite singer/song choices.

    Happy Monday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! So cool - can't go wrong with Fitzgerald. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early