Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Hidden Gems


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Hidden Gems.  The books I've selected below are some favorite historical fantasy novels under 3,000 ratings on Goodreads.  All of these novels totally deserve more love.  Here we go, starting with the fewest number of ratings to highest.  The titles are linked to Goodreads.


Only the Dead Know Burbank by Bradford Tatum - Ratings: 91


Cadaver & Queen by Alisa Kwitney - Ratings: 369


Creatures of Will and Temper by Molly Tanzer - Ratings: 557


Sharps by K.J. Parker - Ratings: 1,217


Revenge and the Wild by Michelle Modesto - Ratings: 1,249


Amberlough by Lara Elena Donnelly - Ratings: 1,463


A Criminal Magic by Lee Kelly - Ratings: 1,544


The Uninvited by Cat Winters - Ratings: 2,177


The Girl with Ghost Eyes by M.H. Boroson - Ratings: 2,618


They Clockwork Dynasty by Daniel H. Wilson - Ratings: 2,868


Have you read any of the books on my list?  What are some of your favorite hidden gems?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't read any, but I think I need to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic list - they're definitely hidden as I haven't heard of any of them!
    Cora | http://www.teapartyprincess.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely worth checking out. Thanks for coming over, Cora!

      Delete
  3. I can honestly say I have not read any of these books, but I have heard of about half of them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Girl with Ghost Eyes and The Clockwork Dynasty are two favorites of mine. I've also heard great things about Amberlough. Great list😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I have a feeling you'd really like Amberlough too, Tammy. :)

      Delete
  5. Great list! I haven't heard of a lot of these, I'll have to check them out. I love the cover of Creatures of Will & Temper!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Creatures of Will & Temper is fantastic - I'll be reading the sequel soon as well. :)

      Delete
  6. Haven't read any of your hidden gems, but there are a couple that do stand out for me.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you'll enjoy them if you end up reading one. :)

      Delete
  7. Cadaver & Queen also made my list. It's such a great a book - I loved how the author was inspired by Frankenstein.

    Happy readings!;)
    Tânia @MyLovelySecret

    ReplyDelete
  8. I haven’t heard of these books, but some of them look spooky, which is my kind of thing. Great list!

    Aj @ Read All The Things!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh I love the look of The Uninvited- those misty covers always get me!- and I remember seeing A Criminal Magic a couple years ago I think it was. Is that one set during an alkernate kinda Prohibition? Seems like I saw good reviews for that!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it's set during an alternate prohibition, but instead of alcohol it's magic. :)

      Delete
  10. Cadaver and Queen is the only one on your list that has been on my radar. I'm currently on hold for it at my library.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad we both featured a Cat Winters book. She deserves a lot more love. Did you hear about her Edgar Allan Poe novel that comes out next year?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Totally! I can't wait to see what she does with that book. :)

      Delete
  12. Revenge and the Wild is SO pretty--I need to read it. I also really need to read A Criminal Magic--I've had the ARC for YEARS and still haven't gotten around to it! D:

    - Aimee @ Aimee, Always

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Both are awesome - I hope you get to them soon, Aimee!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag