Skip to main content

Fall 2018 Bookish Bingo


Last Summer and Fall, I enjoyed participating in Bookish Bingo hosted by Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews and I've decided to come back round three this season!  Like before, the goal is to earn as many bingos as possible from September through November.  Below are the books I hope to read for each bingo square.
 

Made into a Movie: 


Crazy Rich Asians (Crazy Rich Asians #1) by Kevin Kwan - I saw the movie that this is based on last week and I absolutely adored it. I'm hoping the eAudiobook I have on hold through Libby at my library comes in soon.

History with a Twist:


Iron Cast by Destiny Soria - I don't know about you, but I think this 1919 set historical fantasy sounds like it could be awesome.  Plus, it's been sitting on my shelf for far too long.

Space or Stars:


Obsidio (The Illuminae Files #3) by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff - I've meant to read this since it was released back in March.  I know it's going to be great, but I guess I don't want it to end.  I'm definitely going to make this a priority because I need to know how it all ends.

Copper, Bronze, Gold Cover:


Crown of Midnight (Throne of Glass #2) by Sarah J Maas - I don't know why I haven't continued on with this series yet, but I need to get caught up on it since I enjoyed book one so much.  It's also one of my #BeatTheBacklist Challenge books.

Pretty Spine:


Wink Poppy Midnight by April Genevieve Tucholke - I love the cover and spine design both for this novel.  I've seen middling reviews for it, but I'd still like to give it a try.

Middle Grade:


The Charmed Children of Rookskill Castle by Janet Fox - I've had my eye on this WWII set historical fantasy featuring kids who've been evacuated from the blitz to a rundown Scottish manor house - what better time to finally pick it up.

Set in a School:


Tales from the Shadowhunter Academy by Cassandra Clare - When I tackle this, I will be current on the Shadowhunter Chronicles (I'm not counting the Ghosts of the Shadow Market short stories since the bind up anthology hasn't been released yet).

Fall Release:


Isle of Gold by Seven Jane - I have an ARC of this debut historical fantasy with pirates and I can't wait to get to it!

Found Family:


The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet (Wayfarers #1) by Becky Chambers - I'll be reading this book in November for Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge and I'd say it fits the task as well.

Killers:


Grave Mercy (His Fair Assassin #1) by Robin LaFevers - I'll also be reading this for the Read Harder Challenge and since it's about assassins I figure this fits it well.

One Word Title: 


Stiletto (The Checquy Files #2) by Daniel O'Malley - I just recently picked up a copy of the sequel to The Rook which is one of my favorites and I can't wait to continue this series.

Witches:  


Born Wicked (The Cahill Witch Chronicles #1) by Jessica Spotswood - I picked up a copy of this at Goodwill - this gives me a great excuse to tackle it.

Free Space:


Traitor to the Throne (Rebel of the Sands #2) by Alwyn Hamilton - I don't know why I've been putting it off, but now since it's part of my bingo board and it's one of my #BeatTheBacklist books I have no excuse!

Scares You:


We Sold Our Souls by Grady Hendrix - Grady Hendrix has quickly become one of my new favorite horror writers.  I'm so lucky to have received an ARC from NetGalley and I'm more than happy to incorporate it into this bingo challenge.

Less Than 300 Pages:


The Goblins of Bellwater by Molly Ringle - I picked up a copy of this fantasy retelling at a library book sale a little while ago.  While I've seen mixed reviews on it, I would still like to give it a try. 

Fire in Title or on Cover:


Heir of Fire (Throne of Glass #3) by Sarah J. Maas - Since I've got the second book on here, might as well keep going with the series for #BeatTheBacklist right?

2018 Debut:


Trail of Lightning (The Sixth World #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse - This is easily one of my most anticipated adult fantasy debuts of the year.  I just picked up my own copy a little while ago and I'm so excited to read it.

Purple Cover:


The Devil and Sherlock Holmes: Tales of Murder, Madness, and Obsession by David Grann - Nonfiction featuring the classic detective by the author of The Lost of Z?  Yes, please!

Legend or Myth:


The Hammer of Thor (Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard #2) by Rick Riordan - I love Riordan's take on mythologies and his take on the Norse is pretty great.  I'm planning on listening to this on audio - it'll be my first from this author on audio, but something tells me it will be a lot of fun.

Features Animals:


Day Shift (Midnight, Texas #2) by Charlaine Harris - I'm a big fan of the tv series adaptation, and I need to read book two before the second season begins in October.  If you're wondering about the featured animal, Fiji owns the cat Mr. Snuggly.

Mystery: 


The Dire King (Jackaby #4) by William Ritter - I love this series so much, but you know I just don't want it to be over.  Still I have to know how it all ends...

Black Cover:


Morning Star (Red Rising #3) by Pierce Brown - I'll be reading this for my #BeatTheBacklist challenge and I can't wait to get to it since I enjoyed the first two installments so much.

Dual POV:


Renegades (Renegades #1) by Marissa Meyer - I'm kind of nervous for this just due to the hype - I don't think I have much to worry about since Meyer has quickly become one of my favorite authors.  At least I won't have to wait long for the sequel!

Set in Another Country:


Blameless (Parasol Protectorate #3) by Gail Carriger - I'm currently reading book two for #BeatTheBacklist and I plan on tackling the other books in the series for the challenge so what better than to include one here.

LGBT+:


Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe by Benjamin Alire Saenz - I have no idea how I haven't already picked this up, but better late than never right?  I plan on listening to the audiobook because it's narrated by Lin-Manuel Miranda.



All right then!  If you've made it this far, congratulations.  It looks like I've got a lot of great reading coming up.  Have you read any of these?  What should I start first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below.

Comments

  1. Oooh! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crossing my fingers that you enjoy Iron Cast, Wink Poppy Midnight, Grave Mercy, and Ari & Dante. They are among my favorites. I also need to pick up Trail of Lightning. Happy reading and happy September!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Alicia! I've got my fingers crossed as well. :)

      Delete
  3. All of these look good! I wasn't a fan of The Goblin's of Bellwater, but you might like it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lots of good books up there. You are so much more disciplined with your bingo than I am. I read, and then see what fits. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually would, but when it comes to these kind of challenges I like knowing what I've got to look forward to. :)

      Delete
  5. Good luck on your Bingo card!!! I absolutely loved The His Fair Assassin's trilogy. My favorite was the third one, but they were all good! I hope you like it too <3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ooh book bingo! Obsidio was good, and The Charmed Children looks awesome! Grave Mercy's pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm looking forward to all of them! This is going to be fun. :)

      Delete
  7. I started to read Crazy Rich Asians (before the film opened) and SO wanted to love it, but cannot get into it. I'm still trying to press on though... but the film!? LOVED it. So much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, the movie was fantastic. I hope I can get into the book. I hope you make it through, Rissi.

      Delete
  8. Ooh this looks like so much fun!! I love bookish bingos. ☺️ Born Wicked has been on my TBR for a couple years now, so I’m very curious to see what you think of that one!

    Theresa | https://thecalicobooks.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love Aristotle and Dante so much! I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ahhhh! I hope we both enjoy We Sold Our Souls! I love Hendrix's books!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a fun bunch of topics! Good luck and hope you discover something you love!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bingo challenges are so much fun. I love Aristotle and Dante but haven't listened to it on audio book. I might have to now that I know Lin Manuel Miranda is reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooooh this looks SO good!! The cover for Iron Cast is gorgeous. I already decided to do the Spooktober TBR in October but I am so excited to see how your bingo experience goes!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooh - Obsidio, Shadowhunters and Throne of Glass! Some of my favorite series on your TBR. Hope you enjoy them all!

    I like doing bingo's, but with my own monthly reading challenges and the book battles I'm doing, it'd be a real hassle squeezing in this one as well, haha.

    Have fun and good luck to you!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I really enjoyed Grave Mercy and Sword of Summer. I hope you do too 😊 I really need to get back to the Soulless series too. Blameless would be next for me. Maybe I should do a backlist challenge next year...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just finished the second Magnus Chase book and it was awesome! :)

      You're more than welcome to if you'd like, Louise.

      Delete
  16. Sounds like a lot of fun! I've read some of the books (Throne of Glass books) and liked them a lot.

    I'd think about doing a challenge like this, but my reading list for the next couple of months is pretty full since I have a lot of books coming in at the library and must-read new releases. Maybe after NaNoWriMo is over.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like you have your challenge all planned out. I also enjoy Bookish Bingo, but I use the card provided by Chapter Break, this is a monthly version.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've looked at the Chapter Break bingo - I may have to give their cards a try sometime in the future. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early