Skip to main content

Mini ARC Reviews - Crush the King, The Last Human, & The Familiar Dark


Today I'm sharing three mini ARC reviews with you: Crush the King (Crown of Shards #3) by Jennifer Estep (available March 17, 2020), The Last Human by Zack Jordan (available March 24, 2020), and The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel (available March 31, 2020).  I received all of these ARCs from NetGalley in exchange for honest reviews.  Read on to see my thoughts on them:


 ❋ ❋  ❋ 

Crush the King (Crown of Shards #3) by Jennifer Estep is the most recent installment of one of my current favorite adult epic fantasy series. I was thrilled to have been approved to have the chance to read this early for review since I've loved both previous installments. Needless to say, my expectations were sky high and luckily for me I loved every second of this too. I don't know how Estep does it, but this series just keeps getting better. It's great to be back in this world and see Everleigh and Sullivan again. It's really sucked me right in. It has just about everything you could want from magic, epic battles, intrigue, and just the right amount of romance. If you haven't started this series yet, what are you waiting for? I'm hoping that we'll get to see more of this world again in the future. I need to read more of Jennifer Estep's novels to tide myself over until that time.

My review is also on Goodreads.



 ❋ 

The Last Human by Zack Jordan is a unique debut space opera sci-fi novel. I really enjoyed how this started off, getting to know our titular character and the world of the story. The first fifty percent is a fun romp, but unfortunately the second half just wasn't for me. I almost quit reading at that point, but I figured I was much to far along to just give up then. If you're a fan of the genre, you may want to give it a try.

My review is also on Goodreads


.
 ❋ ❋ 

The Familiar Dark by Amy Engel is a great new dark mystery thriller. I loved the raw and claustrophobic, slow burn atmosphere of this novel. It totally suits the story, the distinct characters,
and the hardscrabble world of the Ozarks that they inhabit. It isn't a fast-paced novel, but it will still totally take your breath away. It's incredibly close to earning five stars from me because it was a little more predictable than I would have preferred in a few key spots. Overall, this new release comes highly recommended from me. I need to read more from this author, especially The Roanoke Girls.

My review is also on Goodreads.


What have you been reading?  Do plan on trying any of these novels?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card