Skip to main content

Book Riot's 2020 Read Harder Challenge - March Update: Resistance Reborn & Dry


I don't know about you, but March has really dragged with everything that's been going on.  I hope everyone's been staying healthy.  On the plus side, I've had more time to read while the library has been closed.  Anyway, I've now completed 6 out of 24 books of Book Riot's 2020 Read Harder Challenge!  The tasks I completed required me to read a book in any genre by a Native, First Nations, or Indigenous author and a book about a natural disaster.  For the tasks, I selected Resistance Reborn (Journey to Star Wars: The Rise of Skywalker #1) by Rebecca Roanhorse and Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman.  Read on to see my mini reviews and what's next for April: 


❋ ❋ 

Resistance Reborn is honestly unnecessary, but luckily Rebecca Roanhorse's skills really help it stand out. I absolutely love The Sixth World series and I'll probably read everything she decides to write, even if it is another Star Wars book. Since I've seen all of the new sequel trilogy films, I can officially say that Poe Dameron is my favorite character from that series (with Finn being a close second). Luckily, Roanhorse's absolutely nails his character.

My review is also on Goodreads.



❋ ❋ ❋ 

I'm so glad I decided to pick this up. I'm pretty sure Dry by Neal Shusterman and Jarrod Shusterman is of the most realistic and five minutes in to the future dystopian novels that I've had the opportunity to read. I don't know why I've been putting off so many of Shusterman's novels because he is incredibly talented. Now I need to complete the Unwind Dystology, and try both the Arch of Scythe and Skinjacker series

My review is also on Goodreads.


Next Up For April:

Read a memoir by someone from a religious tradition (or lack of religious tradition) that is not your own


My choice: I am Malala: The Story of the Girl Who Stood Up For Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai and Christina Lamb - I've been meaning to read this for ages, so this challenge is a perfect time to read it.

Read a YA nonfiction book


My choice: Queer, There, and Everywhere: 23 People Who Changed the World by Sarah Prager - I've had this on my radar for awhile and this seems like the perfect opportunity to finally pick it up.


Are you taking part in this reading challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get