Skip to main content

Music Monday: Anchors Aweigh (1945)


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Happy Monday and welcome to Music Monday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting three of my favorite songs from the movie Anchors Aweigh (1945) starring Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra.  It's not my favorite musical starring the both of them, but it's still pretty fantastic.  Check out I Begged Her (Gene Kelly and Frank Sinatra), I Fall In Love Too Easily (Frank Sinatra), and The King Who Couldn't Sing and Dance (Gene Kelly and Jerry Mouse in the coolest scene of the whole movie):







You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!
Click here to enter

Comments

  1. I haven't watched Anchors Aweigh, and this is the first time I've heard of it. I like these songs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's fantastic. I'm glad you liked what you've seen. :)

      Delete
  2. old times. thanks for the memories (sang the song in my head while typing this) :-)
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love old musicals, but I actually haven't even heard of this one. I'll have to check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the dancing in The King Who Couldn't Sing and Dance scene. When it reached 1:04 in the video, Jerry Mouse brought back memories of when I first tried the tap board that I made during quarantine (LOL). Thank you for sharing. Have an amazing week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woot! It brings back memories for me as well since I used to take tap lessons. Have a good one. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't