Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): The Whisper Man by Alex North


On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 
 
Happy Friday everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my current Mythothon reads, The Whisper Man by Alex North.  I've really liked what I've read so far by this author and I'm really looking forward to this one.

Beginning:

The abduction of a child by a stranger is every parent's worst nightmare.
56:

As so often, the voice was his father's.  The old man was long dead, but even forty years on, Pete could picture him: fat and sprawled on a threadbare armchair in the dusty living room, a look of contempt on his face.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've got this one stacked away in one of the boxes that can't wait to be unpacked! It really does sound soooo good!

    Have a good weekend and happy reading.

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete
  2. This book has been on my radar for a while--you've reminded me to bump it up closer to the top of my queue. Good luck with the readathon--hope you reach your goal!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one sounds good, and that cover is creepy good!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't heard about this one, but it sounds excellent. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds like a good one! Thanks for sharing! Hope you have a great weekend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You grabbed me right from the start!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am very attracted to this cover. Child abduction, not so much. My quotes come from: The House in the Cerulean Sea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really well put together. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  8. Looks like an interesting book!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2022/04/29/the-friday-56-spring-at-blueberry-bay-by-holly-martin-romance-chicklit-spring/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've never read this author!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's pretty good. I definitely need more from him.

      Delete
  10. I'm always seeing great reviews for this author, I need to try him sometime. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like that cover. From the excerpts, this sounds like a hard to put down book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I'd Buy Right This Second If Someone Handed Me A Fully Loaded Gift Card