Skip to main content

Spell It Out Reading Challenge 2023 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Wednesday everyone!  For the month of July (and maybe longer), I've decided to revisit and old book tag.  I just happened to rediscover my 2018 tbr post for the My Name in TBR Books Tag a little while ago and I decided to play another round.  This time around I've decided to call it the Spell It Out Reading Challenge 2023.  The rules are pretty easy - you have to read books to spell out your name by using book titles.  That means I'll be reading to spell out my first name and blog name, LAUREN ALWAYS ME, so I'll be reading 14 books for this redux.  Without further ado, keep reading to see the books I plan on reading for this challenge:

LAUREN

L - Lake Silence (The World of the Others #1) by Anne Bishop - I loved The Others series and I can't wait to see what's next with this continuation.

A - The Assassin's Accomplice by Kate Clifford Larson - I've read nonfiction featuring Mary Surratt's role in Abraham Lincoln's assassination, but I think this will be my first work of fiction. 

U - Untamed by Glennon Doyle - This memoir has been recommended to me so many times that it's more than time I give it a try.

R - The Revenge of the Hound by Michael Hardwick - This sounds like it will be a cool sequel to the classic Holmes story.

E - Echoes of Sherlock Holmes edited by Laurie R. King and Leslie S. Klinger - I always enjoy a good Sherlock Holmes story.

N - Nemo Rising by C. Courtney Joyner - I've seen some mixed review for this but I like the sound of it as a sequel to Verne's classic and it definitely has a great cover.


ALWAYS ME

A - The Angel of Darkness (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler #2) by Caleb Carr - I really liked The Alienist and I need to read book two.

L - The Last of August (Charlotte Holmes #2) by Brittany Cavallaro - The first book in this series wasn't quite a favorite, but I do enjoy anything Holmes related (as you can probably tell!).

W - The Way of Shadows (Night Angel #1) by Brent Weeks - I've heard great things about this series and I can't wait to start it.

A - Afterlife (The Resurrection Chronicles #1) by Merrie Destefano - I picked this up at a recent yard sale and thought I'd give it a try.

Y - The Yorkist Age: Daily Life During the Wars of the Roses by Paul Murray Kendall - I hope this will be as fascinating as I think it could be.

S - Slimy Underbelly (Dan Shamble, Zombie P.I. #4) by Kevin J. Anderson - This series has been a ton of fun and I can't wait to see what's next!  Just not sure if I'm sold on this particular cover art in comparison to this.

M - Monstrous Creatures (The World of Lore #1) by Aaron Mahnke - I love listening to the podcast Lore and I thought I'd check into things related to it.

E - Everything That Burns (Enchantée #2) by Gita Trelease - I loved the first first book in this series and it's more than time I get to the sequel of this duology.  I still don't know if I'm sold on the new name, but I guess I'll find out if it fits soon.


What are you reading in July?  If you'd like to participate in the Spell It Out Reading Challenge too just let me know.  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I love this idea! If I didn't already have a TBR I would try it😁 Lake Silence was SO good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. That's a great list and what a fun idea. I'm just now getting back into challenges. So far behind in my reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US