Skip to main content

Creatures Of The Night Book Tag 2023

Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I'm sharing the Creatures of the Night Book Tag 2023.  I did this tag on Tammy's blog (Books, Bones & Buffy) and it reminded me how fun it was to put my original post together back in 2021 (you can check it out here), so I decided to do an updated version of the tag! October is the perfect month to share this tag, isn't it?  Just like Tammy, I'll be sharing a book I read recently and loved and one that's on my TBR for each category.  Without further ado, let's get to it!

Vampire

Read - Posthumous Education (Fred, the Vampire Accountant #8) by Drew Hayes - This series has been amazing - and Fred is one of my favorite fictional vampires! If you haven't started reading this series yet, I can't recommend it enough especially on audio.

On My TBR - Destined for an Early Grave (Night Huntress #4) by Jeaniene Frost - I recently started reading this series after having it recommended to me several times.  I've really liked it's style so far and I can't wait to see what's next in it.  Plus, the audiobook production has been really cool.

Werewolf

Read - Etched in the Bone (The Others #5) by Anne Bishop - This series finale was awesome!  If you haven't read this series yet, I can't recommend it enough.

On My TBR - Silver Borne (Mercy Thompson #5) by Patricia Briggs - This was a series I'd put off for far too long, but once I got started I'm going to have to get caught up on it asap!

Zombie

Read - Feed (Newsflesh #1) by Mira Grant - This was such a pleasant surprise - and there was quite a bit of blogging in it.

On My TBR - Working Stiff (Dan Shamble, Zombie, PI #5) by Kevin J. Anderson - This urban fantasy noir series has been so much fun and I can't wait to read this!

Ghost

Read - How to Sell a Haunted House by Grady Hendrix - This has been hands down one of my favorite reads of 2023 and I can't recommend it enough.

On My TBR - The Spirit Bares Its Teeth by Andrew Joseph White - I don't know about you, but this sounds like it's going to be outstanding! Plus, the cover is very eye-catching.

Witch 

Read - Our Crooked Hearts by Melissa Albert - This is an absolute gem and it comes highly recommended from me.

On My TBR - The Hexologists (The Hexologists #1) by Josiah Bancroft - I just know this is going to be great!

Fairy

Read - The Buried and the Bound (The Buried and the Bound Trilogy #1) by Rochelle Hassan - You can't sleep on this hidden gem! It has been one of my favorite YA releases of 2023.

On My TBR - The Summer Queen (The Buried and the Bound Trilogy #2) by Rochelle Hassan - I can't wait for the sequel to be released on January 23, 2024!  I can't adequately express just how excited I am for it!

Demon

Read - Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson - If you're looking for a great YA fantasy standalone, you'll have to check this out!

On My TBR - The Empress of Time (The Keeper of Night #2) by Rylie Lee Baker - I really enjoyed the first book in this YA historical fantasy series about a half British Reaper and half Japanese Shinigami and I'm looking forward to seeing how it continues - and this sequel will feature yokai.

Alien

Read - Mickey7 (Mickey7 #1) by Edward Ashton - This was so weird, yet so good! I need to read everything this author has written including the sequel asap.

On My TBR - Saga, Vol. 11 (Saga #11) by Brian K. Vaughn and Fiona Staples - This series has been outstanding.  I need this upcoming volume, but I'm so nervous to see what will happen!  It will be released on November 15, 2023.

Superpowered Human

Read - Super Powereds: Year 3 (Super Powereds #3) by Drew Hayes - Drew Hayes has pretty quickly become one of my favorites and this series has been pretty outstanding.  I can't recommend it enough, especially on audiobook.

On My TBR - Super Powereds: Year 4 (Super Powereds #4) by Drew Hayes - I can't wait to listen to the grand finale of this series.  The audiobook is supposed to be like 61 hours in length making it the longest installment!


What are some of your favorites in these categories?  Want to take part?  Then consider yourself tagged.  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you did this tag again😁 I really need to read the Dan Shamble series, it looks like fun.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling you'll love the series, Tammy! It's so much fun! Thanks again for reminding me about the tag. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US