Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted

     

  

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice (Anne @ My Head Is Full of Books is currently managing hosting duties), and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday everyone!  This week I'm spotlighting one of my Mythothon books, Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted.  I'm a fan of both Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so this sounds like it could be potentially a lot of fun!

Beginning:

Prologue

Since the Anglo-Saxon settlement in the fifth and sixth centuries, in the many hundreds of years of its existence, many attacks had been maid upon England.  Those assaults had come from without, in the form of many wars, and from within, like the Black Plague.  No matter how large or severe the threat, however, people still said that the sun would never set upon the British Empire.

But the people who said that had never seen anything like this.

56:

"You know," Lady Katherine said in a surprisingly soft voice, "we really are all so very sorry for your loss.  If there is anything..."


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read this book?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Hmmm...Zombie Abbey...sounds like a book I should share with my zombie-crazy friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha-ha! Who knew the zombie craze was still in full swing? I took my cousins' son to the park the other day and he played zombie with my grandsons. Arms outstretched he ambled around. Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds like it has potential to be really good. I hope you live it😁

    ReplyDelete
  4. Zombie Abbey sounds like such fun! I hope you enjoy it, Lauren! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows