Skip to main content

Mythothon: Climb the Tree - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I'm sharing my TBR for Mythothon which is a mythology themed readathon that will run for the entire month of September.  It is hosted by Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales (you can follow along on Twitter) and this round (officially the eighth) is based on the Yggdrasil and the Nine Worlds in Norse mythology.  This readathon is a bit different than previous rounds in that Louise created a gameboard for us that's inspired by Chutes and Ladders except it's more like Bifrost and Ratatoskr respectively instead.  Here's how we play the game: "You’ll start at the roots of the tree with the three Norns (or fates). Roll your die to follow the arrows, making your way up towards Asgard, the top of the tree."  Some squares have general prompts to add/ remove freebie books (pick whichever book you want or create your own prompts) to your tbr, some feature Worlds squares which have specific prompts, and some spaces feature a Bifrost or Ratatoskr which if you land on the top of bottom of the bottom of them respectively make you descend or climb the board as well.  

For this challenge, you can either build your tbr by going from Start to Asgard, or you can keep going until you've hit all 9 Worlds on your way to Asgard.  I've decided I'm just going to play straight from Start to Asgard.  While rolling I made it from beginning to end in 9 rolls and have 7 books on my tbr.  All of the add freebie books spaces I landed on I just decided to pick books at random off my shelf that I'd like to read.  I'm not sure how many of them I'll be able to get through, but I think I've got a pretty decent reading list.  By the way, I've already read the group book, Every Heart A Doorway (Wayward Children #1) by Seanan McGuire (you can check out my review here) so I'm not featuring it as part of my tbr.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my tbr:

1. Add Freebie Book

My choice: Divine Rivals (Letters of Enchantment #1) by Rebecca Ross - I've heard a lot of great things about this and I need to finally get around to it.

2. Add Freebie Book

My choice: Monster by Christopher Pike - I recently picked up a handful of books from this author at a thrift shop.  I used to love reading his stuff in the past and thought I'd try several of them for this challenge.  Monster sounds like it could be fun.

3. Add Freebie Book

My choice: Weekend by Christopher Pike - Sounds like just about everything will go wrong for the characters in this one!

4. Muspelheim - Read a book with something hot on the cover

My choice: Ashlords (Ashlords #1) by Scott Reintgen - I'd say this definitely qualifies!  This has been sitting on my shelf for way too long.

5. Midgard - Read a diverse book, more than 2 years old

My choice: We Didn't Ask For This by Adi Alsaid - I've seen quite a few middling reviews of this, but I'd still like to try this 2020 YA Contemporary.  The premise sounds pretty great.

6. Add Freebie Book

My choice: Whisper of Death by Christopher Pike - Look at that cover!  Plus, the description sounds pretty cool.

7. Asgard - Read a book that focuses on mythology and/ or is a retelling of some sort

My choice: Zombie Abbey by Lauren Baratz-Logsted - I'm a fan of both Downton Abbey and Pride and Prejudice and Zombies, so this sounds like it could be potentially a lot of fun!


And that's it for my tbr!  Have you read any of these books?  Which should I read first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Great looking TBR! I'm impressed how many freebies you landed! Good luck with them all 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a creative challenge, and your TBR looks fantastic. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Planes, Trains & Automobiles

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: My Archenemies