Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters You Just Didn't Click With

Happy Tuesday!  I can't believe it's September already - how the time flies!  The theme this week for Top Ten Tuesday, a weekly meme hosted by The Broke and the Bookish, is Characters You Just Didn't Click With.  I'm drawing character(s) from ten stories - characters that I had trouble relating to (or didn't care about) for various reasons, so I may have more than one character from each story on the list.  Here we go, in alphabetical order by title:


Everyone from The 100 by Kass Morgan - I felt so disconnected from the book, like I must have missed something at some point.  I watched season one of the show and didn't have hopes going into it, but after a few shaky episodes early on it did improve.


Tia and Will from Biggest Flirts by Jennifer Echols - I didn't really care about Will and I loathed Tia.  Tia is Caroline (The Vampire Diaries) X Lydia (Teen Wolf) + Cordelia (Buffy the Vampire Slayer) before they transformed into intriguing characters and Tia doesn't really change for the better.


Britt and Korbie from Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - I like characters to be at least a little clever, but these two are just dumber than a bag of hammers.


Lucinda Price from Fallen by Lauren Kate - I couldn't even make it past the first couple chapters with her.  The still is from the upcoming movie adaption which I won't be seeing unless I want to torture myself.


Sansa Stark from A Game of Thrones by George R.R. Martin - Of all of the Starks', she's the one I can't connect with in book one.


Everyone from Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar - Far too removed from my "world" to invest myself in their lives.


Day and June from Legend by Marie Lu - I was prepared to fully invest in Day and June, but for some reason I just couldn't really connect with them.  However, I was able to more as the series progressed.


Everyone, but most especially Quentin from The Magicians by Lev Grossman - This entire book just rubbed me the wrong way.  Jason Ralph will be portraying the character in the SyFy tv adaptation starting in January - I may give the show a chance.


Juliette, Adam, and Warner from Shatter Me by Tahereh Mafi - I just don't get the appeal of these characters.


Lukas and Jared Lockhart from Unbreakable by Kami Garcia - Poor copies of two of my favorite television brothers - Sam and Dean Winchester.


So, what do you think of my list?  Did you feel the same about any of these characters?  Each and every comment in welcomed and I will try my hardest to respond to everyone!

Comments

  1. I like June, but Day is one my list as well. I mostly just found him annoying for some reason. Great list, and thanks for sharing. :)
    Here's my TTT

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't stand anyone from The Magicians either! I'm so glad I'm seeing Quentin on other lists, because for the longest time I felt like I was alone in my dislike for this novel. I will probably give the series a chance, it may play better on TV than in a book. Here is my TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt the same way for a while too. Glad I'm not alone in my dislike! Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  3. I totally agree with Sansa but I chose to leaver her off my list because I thought we were supposed to not like her rather than she just didn't click with me. Great list :)

    My TTT http://wp.me/p3ftwe-Jy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, but I still couldn't bring myself to exclude her. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  4. I couldn't stand anyone from Fallen nor The 100 (book not tv show because I actually loved them!) either. As of now I haven't read Unbreakable yet so I'm nervous that the characters will get on my nerves a little bit, but hey I can always go watch Supernatural re-runs if it disappoints!

    Most recent post on Enchanted by YA: http://enchantedbyya.blogspot.com/2015/09/august-wrap-up_1.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to go watch a few episodes to recover. :) Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  5. I totally agree with you about Luce in the Fallen series! I disliked her so much, I forgot about her in my post! haha. I read Legend a while ago and for some reason couldn't connect to either June or Day. I'm still super hesitant to read Prodigy!

    My Top Ten Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the third time I seen the Fallen series on this list. I have not heard anything good about it either. I shall pass on reading that one. I really enjoyed the tv series The 100 and I had no idea it was a based on a book (I should of known though). I will have to check that out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The tv show of The 100 isn't bad, but the book is nearly unbearable.

      Delete
  7. Amazingly enough, I haven't read any of these. But lists like this are always a good way to put things on my Don't Read list, which can be encouraging since sometimes I feel so overwhelmed by the sheer number of books in the world that I will never have time to read -- sometimes it's nice to know there are some I don't want to read anyway!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I read Legend, or rather listened to it. I've not picked up the rest of the books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does get better, but I can see why you wouldn't.

      Delete
  9. For sure Quentin from The Magicians - something about him is just off-putting. And OF COURSE Sansa!! In EVERY book as soon as you saw it was a Sansa chapter it was SO disappointing/ something you had to get through to get to a better character.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Day and June - I totally forgot they existed until I read this, lol. I agree completely - I couldn't care about anything they did! Nice list :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great list! Thank you for stopping by my TTT, and I apologize for taking so long to get back to yours!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early