Skip to main content

Fall 2017 Bookish Bingo


This Summer I enjoyed taking part in Bekka @ Pretty Deadly Reviews' Bookish Bingo that I've decided to come back for it this Fall!  Look at this new board!  Like before, the goal is to earn as many bingos as possible from September through November.


Check out my TBR for what looks like a fun challenge:

Mental Health:



Phantom Pains (The Arcadia Project #2) by Mishell Baker - I absolutely adored Borderline last year and I can't wait to read the sequel to the urban fantasy mystery series.  By the way, Millie, the leading character has Borderline Personality Disorder and is physically disabled.

Set in Another Country:



The Dark Days Pact (Lady Helen #2) by Alison Goodman - I loved book one in this series last year and I can't wait to get started on the sequel.  By the way, the series is set in Regency era London, England.

Ensemble Cast:



Six of Crows (Six of Crows #1) by Leigh Bardugo - I've heard so many wonderful things about this YA fantasy heist that I have to read it!  I want to get to know Kaz and his six person ragtag crew of outcasts.

Fall Release:



Shadowhouse Fall (Shadowshaper #2) by Daniel Jose Older - I just recently won an ARC of this novel on Goodreads and I can't wait to read it after I enjoyed book one so much! It will be released on September 12th.

Yellow Cover:



Big Fist by Daniel Wallace - I'm hoping to read this novel as a side quest for #TheReadingQuest and I'm really looking forward to tackling it since I love the movie starring Ewan McGregor.

Different Culture:



The Star-Touched Queen (The Star-Touched Queen #1) by Roshani Chokshi - I've been meaning to read this YA fantasy inspired by ancient Indian culture and mythology.

Person on Cover:



The Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue by Mackenzi Lee - Can I just say how excited I am to tackle this new novel?!

2017 Release:



The Ship Beyond Time (The Girl From Everywhere #2) by Heidi Heilig - I have no idea how I haven't read this sequel yet since I absolutely adored book one.  I can't wait to see what happens!

Horror:



Meddling Kids by Edgar Cantero - I've heard this is for fans of HP Lovecraft and Welcome to Night Vale so I'm going to have to read this - it follows a surviving members of a teen detective club reuniting as adults and having to finally solve the case that originally ruined them.

Required Reading:



Parable of the Sower (Earthseed #1) by Octavia E. Butler - This novel is one of my September reads for Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge and I've been needing to read this sci-fi classic for ages.

Illustrations:



Lady Killer (Lady Killer #1-5) by Joelle Jones & Jamie S. Rich - I can't wait to try this dark comedy action graphic novel that I've heard so much about - think June Cleaver leads a double life as an assassin!

Magic in the Real World:



Cold Days (The Dresden Files # 14) by Jim Butcher - I love this series and I need to jump back in!

Free Space:



Murder, Magic, and What We Wore by Kelly Jones - I've got to read this eARC from NetGalley - it sounds like so much fun!

Asian American Author:



The Epic Crush of Genie Lo by F.C. Yee - I just got this from the library and it looks so cool!

Set at a School:



The School for Good and Evil (The School for Good and Evil #1) by Soman Chainani - This MG sounds like so much and it's time to see what I make of it!

Black Cover:


The Exorcist by William Peter Blatty - Perfect time of year to dive into this horror story!

Over 500 Pages:


Dreams of Gods & Monsters (Daughter of Smoke & Bone #1) by Laini Taylor - I don't want it to end, but I need finish this series!

American History:


The Poisoner's Handbook: Murder and the Birth of Forensic Medicine in Jazz Age New York by Deborah Blum - I saw this come through the library recently and I've just been itching to have an excuse to pick it up!

Translated:


Handling the Undead by John Ajvide Lindqvist - I've been meaning to read this for awhile now, since I loved this Swedish author's take on vampires with Let the Right One In.

Poetry or Verse:


The Crossover by Kwame Alexander - This MG/ YA sports story is in verse and it's been consistently popular at my library - plus, it's won all kinds of awards!  I need to see what this is like for myself.

First in a Series:



The Diviners (The Diviners #1) by Libba Bray - I've had this on my tbr for ages - time to see what the fuss is all about!

Co-Authored:


Poodle Springs (Philip Marlowe #8) by Raymond Chandler and Robert B. Parker - This is another one from the library that I've been eyeing for awhile now.  Before he died Raymond Chandler wrote the first four chapters of the novel and then later the Chandler estate selected Robert B. Parker to finish Chandler's story - it was released in 1989, 50 years after The Big Sleep.  Since I love noir and I've liked what Parker I've read before, I'd like to see what they sound like together.

Witches:



Labyrinth Lost (Brooklyn Brujas #1) by Zoraida Cordova - This is one of my October reads for Book Riot's 2017 Read Harder Challenge.  I'm really excited to try this witchy fantasy adventure featuring Latinx Culture.

LGBT:



The Magpie Lord (A Charm of Magpies #1) by KJ Charles - This is also one of my October reads for Book Riot's 2017 Read Harder Challenge.  It's an LGBTQ+ M/M romance that I've been told is also for fans of Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell by Susanna Clarke - that right there bumps this up my tbr!

Paranormal:


Midnight Crossroad (Midnight, Texas #1) by Charlaine Harris - While I wasn't entirely thrilled with how The Southern Vampire Mysteries wrapped up, I've really been loving NBC's adaptation and I'd like to see what the series is based on.

All right!  If you've made it this far, congratulations!  It looks like I've got a lot of great reading coming up.  Have you read any of these?  What should I start first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below.

Comments

  1. SoC - believe the hype! I am reading Genie Lo right now, and I am loving it. Murder, Magic, and What We Wore was fun. I really liked Labyrinth Lost, and am looking forward to the next book. I think I may struggle finding a translated book for this season's board. I had read Piglettes (translated from French), but I don't have any others on my radar right now. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had no idea about The Arcadia Project's representation and now I have to read it! I also adored Gentleman's Guide! It's so fun and ridiculous and cute and Monty is my fave.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have fallen off the wagon with these bingo cards, this one is great and I love your TBR choices!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These all look good, I really want to get Gentleman's Guide to Vice and Virtue.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome picks!! Good luck with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows