Skip to main content

Music Monday: Panic In The Year Zero!


Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.

Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.

Welcome to the 3rd Music Monday of Sci-Fi Month (if you want to know more about this go here)!  This month all of the music I'm going to be sharing will be sci-fi related - this week I'm sharing some of my favorite music from the movie Panic in the Year Zero! (1962) which starred Ray Milland (also the director), Jean Hagen, Frankie Avalon, and Mary Mitchell, with the score composed by Les Baxter.  If you haven't seen it, it's a low budget sci-fi post-apocalyptic movie which follows a family on a camping trip that must survive in the lawless aftermath of a nuclear bomb has wiped out Los Angeles.  The movie itself isn't exactly a must watch, but I love the soundtrack which is much different than you might expect (I actually own a copy of the soundtrack, I like it so much). The theme totally makes me think of my choice last week with The Incredibles (and James Bond, of course).  The next clip shows a scene that really gives you an idea of the tone of the movie - and a good listen to the more of that soundtrack.




Comments

  1. Great choice! I love the whole movie tone. Yes, very James Bond and The Incredibles!

    I played, again :) http://bit.ly/2zTUHvF

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't seen this one! I'll have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just happened to catch it on tv one day! Hope you like it! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early