Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Inspirational Book Quotes


Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Inspirational Book Quotes.  A few of these aren't from books, but I still decided to include them.  Here we go, in no particular order:

“Don't think or judge, just listen.” ― Sarah Dessen, Just Listen

“We believe in ordinary acts of bravery, in the courage that drives one person to stand up for another.” ― Veronica Roth, Divergent

“Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” ― Mahatma Gandhi

“Courage. Kindness. Friendship. Character. These are the qualities that define us as human beings, and propel us, on occasion, to greatness.” ― R.J. Palacio, Wonder

“For me, becoming isn’t about arriving somewhere or achieving a certain aim. I see it instead as forward motion, a means of evolving, a way to reach continuously toward a better self. The journey doesn’t end.” ― Michelle Obama, Becoming

“Difficult" and "impossible" are cousins often mistaken for one another, with very little in common.” ― Scott Lynch, Red Seas Under Red Skies

“Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.” ― Oscar Wilde

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” ― Robert Frost

“I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work.” ― Thomas A. Edison

“What is the point of being alive if you don't at least try to do something remarkable?” ― John Green, An Abundance of Katherines

What are some of you favorite quotes?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I loved Wonder so much, and thats a great quote. 👍✨

    ReplyDelete
  2. That Thomas Edison quote is so inspirational.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love these quotes, especially the one from Wonder, John Green's, and Robert Frost's.

    -Lauren
    www.shootingstarsmag.net

    ReplyDelete
  4. Being the change you want to see in the world is such an inspirational piece of advice.

    My TTT.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great list! I love that quote from Red Seas Under Red Skies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved Michelle Obama's book, she's such an inspiring person!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2019/04/30/top-ten-tuesday-209/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Her voice really came through. Thanks for sharing!

      Delete
  7. Well this make me want to pick up the next Gentleman Bastard book real quick. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wilde and Green both made my list. I love that Wilde quote too. Definitely a favorite. Wonder had so many beautiful quotes, heck, the whole book was beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the quotes from WONDER and BECOMING. Thanks for sharing. My TTT favorite quotes this year

    ReplyDelete
  10. The Dauntless Manifesto are good words to live by (even though I'm Erudite). Love the John Green quote. Okay, they're all lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the one by Thomas A. Edison. it's great.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't