Skip to main content

Sunday Funday: Disney-a-Thon Team Aladdin - Mini Reviews & Wrap Up


Happy Sunday everyone!  In August I took part in the Disney-a-Thon, a Disney themed month long readathon created by @izcurrentlyread and co-hosted by @natureofpages@TheFranciscoMP, and @celebrityreadsh.  I completed the Team Aladdin (with @izcurrentlyread as the team leader) challenge and I enjoyed most all of the books I read for the readathon.  I earned all 105 points!  Yay me!  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read for the Disney-a-thon:



❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

I don't know how Sarah J. Maas does it, but this series just keeps getting better and better.  It's a real roller coaster and I was there for every second.  It's one of those books that I just absolutely devoured from beginning to end because it's so addicting I didn't want to put it down.  The world-building is great and the characters are so well developed.  I've even started to take more of a liking to Manon Blackbeak this time around.  As for new characters, I really liked getting to know Lysandra.  Overall, I'm beyond excited to read Empire of Storms!

Jasmine: Read a book that features royalty (10) - You can also find my review of Queen of Shadows (Throne of Glass #4) by Sarah J. Maas on Goodreads.



❋ 

What the heck kind of ending was that?! Did Helprin just give up or what? You know wht made this marginally more interesting? Skimming it while listening to the Avengers: Edngame soundtrack.

Aladdin: Read a book that contains romance (10) - You can also find my review of Winter's Tale by Mark Helprin on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Storm of Locusts by Rebecca Roanhorse is a brilliant follow up to Trail of Lightning.  It definitely deserves more than just five stars.  Maggie is hands down one of my all time favorite characters.  Kai pretty great too, as is Ben, a new addition this time around.  I'd go so far as to say it's all very metal.  I very much agree with the blurb from the New York Times, "Give us at least five [T.V.] seasons of this indigenous monster-hunter and her silver-tongued sidekick."  I can't wait to see what happens next!

The Magic Carpet: Read a fantasy book (10) - You can also find my review of  Storm of Locusts (The Sixth World #2) by Rebecca Roanhorse on Goodreads.



❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Escaping from Houdini by Kerri Maniscalco is a brilliant continuation of this YA historical mystery thriller series.  I'm thoroughly addicted to the world Maniscalco has created along with her characters.  I can't wait for Capturing the Devil and I'm excited to see how the author handles H.H. Holmes!  Wadsworth and Cresswell are currently one of my favorite couples - they make a marvelous team.  If you like this series, I also recommend Spectacle by Jodie Lynn Zdrok.

Jafar: Read a book that will suck you into its world, as if in a trance - this book must only be read at dark (25) - You can also find my review of Escaping from Houdini (Stalking Jack the Ripper #3) by Kerri Maniscalco on Goodreads.



❋ ❋ ❋ 

I'm so glad this underrated gem was selected as the Team Aladdin group book for the Disney-a-thon.  The Last Magician is quite the doorstop, but it's totally worth diving into if you're interested in historical fantasy and also time travel.  Maxwell's world-building is perfectly detailed and the pace moves quickly.  I'm not a New Yorker, but this is the kind of book that almost makes me feel like I could be a native of the city.  I also loved getting to know her cast of characters.  Esta has got to be a new-to-me favorite - she has guts and her confidence and skills are admirable.  Overall, I highly recommend The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell.  If you're a fan of both The Diviners and Six of Crows, I expect you will enjoy this as well.  This series opener also is a great YA Adult crossover novel as well, so fans of adult fantasy may also love it.  I can't wait to continue this series with The Devil's Thief!

Abu: Read the group book (50) -  You can also find my review of The Last Magician by Lisa Maxwell on Goodreads.


Have you read any of these books?  Did you take part in this readathon?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Sounds like a fun challenge! Good job! I love ToG. I have been putting off the final book, because I am not ready to say goodbye

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I probably will do the same when I get there as well. :)

      Delete
  2. Wow, you did great! I'm thrilled to see 5 stars for Storm of Locusts, can't wait to read it😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. I grabbed a copy of Storm of Locusts, but I need the first book now!!!

    (Amber Elise @ Du Livre)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on reading five books. You did great!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows