Skip to main content

PopCulture Mini-Thon Round 2 - Wrap Up & Reviews

Happy Friday everyone!  Earlier this month I took part in the PopCulture Readathon mini-thon, created and hosted by Whitney @ bookswhitme (with some assistance from Lorryn @ Reading Parental) which ran from November 15th through November 21st.  You can check out my original tbr here.  Of the four books I had hoped to get to, I managed to complete two of them.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on those two:

Hillman College: Book You Wish Was On Your School Reading List

 ❋  ❋ 

Cemetery Boys by Aiden Thomas is easily one of the best books of 2020.  This debut is incredibly impressive and it has gone directly to the top of my best of 2020 list.  I seriously needed this right now.  I'm glad I decided to give this one a try and can't recommend it enough.  The characters and world-building are all fantastically vivid and I adored every second.  It includes many important issues and topics that it handles very well and with class.  On top of all that it's an awesome YA LGBT+ Urban Fantasy with a diverse cast and cool magic system.  The ending is quite emotional one and it ties up the story perfectly.  That said I wouldn't mind seeing more of this world in the future.  No matter what though I can't wait to see whatever else Aiden Thomas decides to write in the future.  

My review is also on Goodreads.


Dwayne Wayne: Book With Two Different Covers

 ❋  

Rachel Caine's one of my favorites and Heat Stroke (Weather Warden #2) by Rachel Caine is the first of hers I've picked up since she's passed away.  For that reason, it was tough to easily fall back into this sequel.  That being said, I definitely preferred Heat Stroke to book one of the <i>Weather Warden</i> series.  I particularly enjoyed the djinn elements as well as the meteorological parts as well.  Plus, the characters are great as well.  I'm looking forward to book three, Chill Factor.  RIP Ms. Caine.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Did you take part in this mini readathon?  Have you read either of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Aiden Thomas has a book coming out next year called Lost in the Never Woods. I've got Cemetery Boys on my list and I hope I get the chance to read it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it! I hope you like Cemetery Boys when you get to it.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag