Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Recently Released Hidden Gems That I Want To Check Out From The Library

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to the Top Ten Tuesday now hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Reasons Why I Love Reading, but I felt like doing something different this week so I'm sharing Recently Released Hidden Gems That I Want To Check Out From The Library.  All of the books on my list have been published since 2020 and have 2,000 or less Goodreads ratings.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

The Enigma Game by Elizabeth Wein - Wein has written exactly my kind of World War II set historical fiction in the past and I can't wait to try her newest.

The Initial Insult (The Initial Insult #1) by Mindy McGinnis - McGinnis is one of my favorite authors and I can't wait to read her newest.

The Invention of Sophie Carter by Samantha Hastings - As soon as I heard that this is a Parent Trap style identical twin inspired story set in Victorian London, I needed to know more.

Race Against Time: The Untold Story of Scipio Jones and the Battle to Save Twelve Innocent Men by Sandra Neil Wallace and Rich Wallace - Somehow I've never heard of Scipio Jones, an early African American civil right hero, but it's not too late to learn about him!

Renegade Flight (Rebelwing #2) by Andrea Tang - The first book in this series was such a pleasant surprise.  I need to know what happens next!

Sanctuary by Paola Mendoza & Abby Sher - This near future set YA dystopia sounds like a must-read.

Seven Deadly Shadows by Courtney Alameda & Valeynne E. Maetani - I've really enjoyed what I've read by both of these authors and this standalone YA fantasy sounds great.

Spell Starter (Caster #1) by Elise Chapman - The first book in this series was awesome and I can't wait to read this sequel.

Witches Steeped in Gold (Witches Steeped in Gold #1) by Ciannon Smart - I've seen some mixed reviews for this series opener, but it sounds like it has a lot of potential.

Yesterday is History by Kosoko Jackson - I can't resist time travel and this looks like it's going to be a good one!


What are some of your favorite hidden gems?  What hidden gems would you like to read?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Wait a minute, Wein is out with a new book? I didn't know that! And Parent Trap in Victorian London? What a fabulous premise. Some very cool books in here! How DO you find out about these? 🤩

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes! Well, I work at a library - so that definitely helps! :)

      Delete
  2. Ooh Invention sounds amazing. And a Victorian setting? Nice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sanctuary does sound good!

    My post: https://lydiaschoch.com/top-ten-tuesday-reasons-why-i-love-reading/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like the sound of The Invention of Sophie Carter! Here is my Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sounds like it will be worth picking up for sure.

      Delete
  5. A lot of these are new to me, and I'm especially interested in The Invention of Sophie Carter😁

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have The Enigma Game and Witches Steeped in Gold on my TBR as well.

    Here is my post: https://readbakecreate.com/?p=468

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really thought the Enigma Game was well-done and I am a fan of the author and her series involving the same family. What are their names? I've forgotten Beauford-Stewart, something like that. My TTT is off-topic this week. Please visit anyway?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sanctuary by Paola Mendoza & Abby Sher has such a cool cover! Here's my list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm surprised I don't see it around more often actually.

      Delete
  9. These do look good...I'll be adding several to my own TBR list. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really enjoyed The Enigma Game, I hope you do too!
    My TTT: https://jjbookblog.wordpress.com/2021/07/06/top-ten-tuesday-323/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!

      The Diviners series is one of my all time favorites.

      Thanks for visiting!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows