Skip to main content

Trope-ical Readathon - Team Fantasy Announcement & TBR

Hello everyone!  Today I'm sharing my plans for my second round of the Trope-ical Readathon which is hosted by @jenjenreviews and @bookrob13.  It will run the entire month of August and I'm joining Team Fantasy this time around. 

There are fifteen total challenges to complete - two team challenges and thirteen common challenges (you either read a book that fits the given trope or one that fits the alternate prompt).  Each team also has two Team Book options to read as well.  For each challenge you complete, team book you read, and each page you read, you earn points for your team  You can also follow the official Trope-ical Readathon on Twitter and with the hashtag #TropeicalReadathon.  Without further ado, let's get to my tbr: 

Team Book:

My choice: The Extraordinaries (The Extraordinaries #1) by T.J. Klune - I've only read one of Klune's books so far, but he's already become one of my favorites.  I need more!

 Team Challenges:

1. There Be Dragons!! (Read a book featuring dragons)



My choice: A Dance with Dragons (A Song of Fire and Ice #4) by George R.R. Martin - I can't believe it - I'm almost caught up!

2. Read a book featuring the "Prophecy" trope

My choice: The Hollow Hills (The Arthurian Saga #2) by Mary Stewart - I really enjoyed the first book in this Arthurian series.  I need to get caught up on this series right away because it could become a favorite.

Common Challenges:

1. Absent/ Dead Parent(s) or A Book Published Under a Pseudonym 

My choice: Survive the Night by Riley Sager - I've really enjoyed everything from this author so far and I can't wait to read his newest.  Fits the Book Published Under a Pseudonym prompt.

2. Time Loop or A Reread

My choice: The Loop by Shandy Lawson - I can't resist time travel or a time loop, and this one has it right in the title.

3. Found Family or A Buddy/ Group Read

My choice: The Son of Neptune (The Heroes of Olympus #2) by Rick Riordan - Rick Riordan is one of my favorite authors and I can't believe I haven't finished this series yet.  I guess, I just don't want it to end.

4. Coming-of-Age or A Book Whose Protagonist Is The Same Age As You

My choice: Hot Dog Girl by Jennifer Dugan - This one will fulfill the coming-of-age prompt and the cover makes this look like it could be delightful.

5. Food Themed or A Meaty Book (500+ Pages)

My choice: The Many Lives of John Stone by Linda Buckley Archer - I've heard that this thick book is for fans of the Jackaby series by William Ritter and that's one of my favorites.

6. Blast From The Past or A Book Published Before 2000

My choice: Alternities by Michael P. Kube-McDowell - I picked up this 1988 published parallel worlds sci-fi novel at a used book sale ages ago.  It's time to give it a try.

7. Mixed Media or An Audiobook Or An Ebook

My choice: The Conference of the Birds (Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children #5) by Ransom Riggs - I always enjoy looking at the photos in this series.  

8. (Post) Apocalyptic or A Book With Fire On The Cover

My choice: The Seal of Solomon (Alfred Kropp #2) by Rick Yancey - This series is one of this author's lesser known, but it's definitely worth trying if you're into Arthurian legend.

9. Historical Figure or A Book Published in 2021

My choice: Harold Lloyd: The Man on the Clock by Tom Dardis - Harold Lloyd is one of my favorite silent movie comedians.  For myself, I'd rank him just above Charlie Chaplin and Buster Keaton, so I'm really looking forward to this biography.

10. All Happens In One Day or Read A Book In 24 Hours

My choice: Dead of Winter (Doctor Who: New Series Adventures #45) by James Goss - I've liked the Doctor Who stories I've read from Goss in the past, and this one looks like it's going to be pretty good short read.

11. Multiple POV or Multiple POC Characters

My choice: Gardens of the Moon (The Malazan Book of the Fallen #1) by Steven Erikson - I've heard a lot of great things about this epic fantasy with multiple POV characters, and I'm hoping it's as good as it looks and sounds.

12. The New Kid In Town or A Genre You Don't Usually Read 

My choice: A Good American Family: The Red Scare and My Father by David Maraniss - I don't read a lot of nonfiction, but my friend gave me a copy of this and had only good things to say about it.

13. Retelling or A Book With A TV Or Movie Adaptation

My choice: The Angel of Darkness (Dr. Laszlo Kreizler #2) by Caleb Carr - I really enjoyed the first book in this series and I can't wait to see where they go with this one.  Soon I'm going to have to give the tv adaptation a try as well.


Are you taking part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  What one should I read first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. So many good sounding books! I hope you enjoy the Hollow Hills. I read it years ago and loved it😁

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know why I never got around to this series until so recently.

      Delete
  2. Gardens of the Moon sounds soooooo good!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't