Skip to main content

Mid-Year Movie Freak Out 2021

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today, I'm doing something a little different - my very first Mid-Year Movie Freak Out!  I figured that I've been doing the Mid-Year Book Freak Out since 2015, why not showcase the movies I've watched for the first time in the first half of 2021 as well?  I've only just seen one movie in the theaters since March 2020, so a lot of these are going to be older movies that I borrowed from the library or streamed online.  I've only made a few tweaks to the questions from the original book tag, but I think these fit the new theme well.  If anyone would like to link up with me and share their Mid-Year Movie Freak Out, I'd love to see your answers to the questions.  Without further ado, here we go:

1. Best movie you've watched so far in 2021.

How to Steal a Million (1966) - I always enjoy a good heist movie and this one went right to the top of my list.  I didn't know just how much I needed to see Audrey Hepburn and Peter O'Toole in this kind of movie because they are just delightful.


2. Best sequel you've watched so far in 2021.

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) - I don't know why I put this series off for so long, but as far as I'm concerned, Andy Serkis can do no wrong.

3. New release you haven't seen yet, but want to.

Chaos Walking (2021) - I know this hasn't had the best reception and it's been delayed so many times but I loved the book series and I still want to give this film adaptation a try.  At least for Tom Holland, Daisy Ridley, and Mads Mikkelsen's sakes.

4. Most anticipated release for the second half of the year.

The Green Knight (2021) - I've been waiting very patiently for this adaptation - it looks like it will be amazing!

5. Biggest disappointment.

Peninsula (2020) - Train to Busan is one of the best zombie movies out there and this follow up set a few years later with an all new cast just didn't work for me.

6. Biggest surprise.


Space Sweepers (2021) - This South Korean Netflix film came very, very close to being the best movie I've watched so far this year.  If you're a fan of A Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet, The Expanse, Guardians of the Galaxy, and the The Illuminae Files, I have a feeling you'll love this too.

7. Favorite new actors or director.

Henri-Georges Clouzot - I've only watched one of the films he directed so far, but Diabolique was enough to put this on the list.

8. Newest favorite character.


Conductor 71 from A Matter of Life and Death (1946) - This whole WWII set fantasy was amazing, but Conductor 71 was just the coolest.  If you haven't seen this black and white and color movie, you can't go wrong.

9. Movie that made you cry.

Brief Encounter (1945) - This isn't my usual sort of movie, but it is well worth watching. You need to have a tissue or two on hand if you watch it for sure.

10. Book that made you happy.

Bill and Ted Face the Music (2020) - It isn't the best movie of the series but it sure was a lot of fun.

11. Best book to film adaptation?

Moxie (2021) - I was worried about how this would turn out, but they handled it really well.

12. Best book to tv adaptation?

Shadow and Bone (2021) - It's not even a competition. They knocked this one right out of the park and I need season two asap.

13. Movie the made you laugh.


Boy (2010) - Taika Waititi is one of my favorites and this was just about perfect.

14Movie that scared you.

The Innocents (1961) - If you liked Netflix's The Haunting of Boy Manor you absolutely need to watch this movie adaptation as well.

15. Best 2021 release so far?

Fear Street Part One: 1994 (2021) - This was such a pleasant surprise.  Normally slasher horror isn't really my thing, but they did a great job with this adaptation.

16. Best Hidden Gem 


A Call to Spy (2019) - If you're at all interested in real life women spies during WWII, this is a must watch.


And that's it for my Mid-Year Movie Freak Out 2021!  If you'd like to play along too, share your link with me so I can see your responses!  Have you seen any of these?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Yes and yes to the Green Knight. I saw the trailer very recently and I liked it so much, I think I played it three times. I am so looking forward to this movie too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: 2015 Releases I Meant To Get To But Didin't