Skip to main content

2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge - Update #4

  

Happy Thursday everyone and welcome to my fourth 2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge update with mini  reviews!  In April, I completed 5 books for this month for a total of 29 of 50 books for the 2022 Popsugar Reading Challenge.  Keep reading to see my thoughts on the books I read in April:

❋ 

The Tiger at Midnight (The Tiger at Midnight #1) by Swati Teerdhala sounded like it was going to be right up my alley but I had a tough time getting into it. I liked the atmosphere of the story yet the pacing is all over the place. Honestly, that over the course nearly 500 pages got a little annoying.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 
The Amulet of Samarkand (Bartimaeus #1) by Jonathan Stroud was fun. If you like Rick Riordan, you need to try this. I can't believe I put this off for so long. If I continue this series, I think I'll have to do it on audiobook because I think that format could be amazing with this style.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 
I didn't quite know what to expect from MEM by Bethany C. Morrow, but that was a fascinating character study. I need to read more of Morrow's books in the future.  I don't get to read a whole lot of historical set science fiction, and this being set in the art deco period really hit the right notes for me.  Also, I listened to the audiobook and the production was pretty fantastic.  I need to read more from Morrow in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


❋ ❋ ❋ 

If you're looking for a Japanese revenge, psychological thriller novel, look no further than Penance by Kanae Minato, translated by Philip Gabriel.  I'm glad I decided to read this on audiobook because the production is pretty great.  I don't want to spoil anything, but this sucked me in an wouldn't let me go.  I was so, so invested.  I need to read more from Minato as soon as possible.

My review is also on Goodreads


 ❋ ❋ 
The Whisper Man by Alex North is an engaging mystery thriller with a good dash of horror.  I really loved what I've read from this author in the past and I'm so glad I decided to try this one as well.  I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that it's definitely creepy and thrilling novel.  Whatever Alex North writes in the future I need.

My review is also on Goodreads and on my blog here.


Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Penance sounds really good, I need to add it to my TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a copy of The Whisper Man on my shelf and really need to get to it. Love the cover for The Tiger at Midnight, sorry it didn't work for you...

    Hope you are having a good weekend and thanks for visiting us earlier!

    Elza Reads

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads