Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder - Announcement & TBR

Happy Sunday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my tbr for Wyrd & Wonder which is a month long celebration of all things fantasy during this month of May.  It is co-hosted Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ Book Nook Reviews, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story.  Lisa and imyril's Sci-Fi Month in November is always so much fun and since I adore fantasy, I decided I just couldn't miss out this year.  I have a lot of fun stuff planned around here this month (perhaps even a giveaway as a grand finale) - and a lot of my regular weekly posts will have a distinct fantasy flavor.  If you'd like to follow the official Twitter account for this event, you can do so here as well as check out the hashtag.  Without further ado, let's get to what I hope to read this month.  No guarantees that'll I'll be able to squeeze all of these in, but I'll give it my best try!

Black Wolves (Black Wolves #1) by Kate Elliott - This epic fantasy series opener looks like it's going to be really cool.

Book of Night by Holly Black - I don't know if I can express just how excited I am to read this new one from Holly Black!

Differently Morphous (DEDA Files #1) by Yahtzee Crowshaw - I've never tried this author before, but this sounds like it could be pretty fun.

Gilded (Gilded #1) by Marissa Meyer - I'm so ready for another book by Marissa Meyer!

Hard Spell (Occult Crimes Unit Investigation #1) by Justin Gustanis - Just look at that cover! Also, it's set in Scranton, P.A.

His Majesty's Dragon (Temeraire #1) by Naomi Novik - I haven't quite had the best of luck with this author yet, but this might be right up my alley.

The Novice (Summoner #1) by Taran Mathau - This series opener has been on my shelf for way too long.

The Once and Future Witches by Alice E. Harrow - I've loved everything I've read from Harrow and I can't wait to try this one as well.

The Rose and the Thorn (The Riyria Chronicles #2) by Michael J. Sullivan - I really liked the first book in this series and I'm really looking forward to seeing what's next.

The Wise Man's Fear (The Kingkiller Chronicle #2) by Patrick Rothfuss - I was really impressed by book one. It definitely lived up to the hype. I know book two will be just as amazing.


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Yes, yes, I am really looking forward to this one! I like your picks a lot, and Differently Morphous sounds very different indeed. For Black Wolves, I'd heard that the series would not be continued? I hope that's not the case, because I like Elliott's work and I too was hoping to read this one.
    ~Lex (lexlingua.co)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't heard about that with Black Wolves... Well, I hope book one will be good at least.

      Delete
  2. I almost joined, but I think I want to take it easy this May. I hope you enjoy all the books on your TBR!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you're participating! The Once and Future Witches is so good😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows