Skip to main content

Mythothon: Journey Through Hades - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone! Today, I'm sharing my TBR for Mythothon which is a mythology themed readathon that will run for the entire month of September.  It is hosted by Louise @ Foxes and Fairy Tales and this round (officially the eighth) is based on the Journey Through Hades of Greek mythology.  In this readathon, we "start by crossing the River Styx with Charon, the boatman, and enter the Underworld and the afterlife. From their, your goal is to ultimately reach the Gate of Ivory. However, along the way, there are other sights to explore – places for villains and for heroes. Will you (or your character, if you decided to create one) make it out? Make the journey as simple (5 prompts) or as winding as you’d like."  I'm not sure how much I'll be able to get through, but I've picked out a book to fit all of the prompts. By the way, you can follow along on Twitter as well. 

Group Book 

Daughter of Darkness (House of Shadows #1) by Katharine Corr and Elizabeth Corr - This series opener sounds like a perfect choice for this readathon.  I'm glad it brought it to my attention.

Enter the Underworld - The Most Direct Route:


1. River Styx - Read A Book About A Journey

We Are Not From Here by Jenny Torres Sanchez - This sounds like an absolutely necessary read. 

2. Cerebus - Read A Book With A Dog-Related Word In The Title

Dog Days (Dog Days #1) by John Levitt - This sounds like it could be an intriguing urban fantasy series opener.

3. The Plains Of Judgement - Read A Book In A Trilogy, The Third In A Series, A Book With 3 Authors, Or Any Other 3 You Can Think Of

Courageous (The Lost Fleet #3) by Jack Campbell - I really enjoyed the first two books in the series and I'm looking forward the third book in the series.

4. River Lethe - Read A Book You Keep Forgetting About 

Fool (Fool #1) by Christopher Moore -  This has been sitting at the back of my bookcase for way too long.

5. The Gate Of Ivory - Give A Book A Second Chance.  This Can Be A Reread, Or A Book You DNF'D

Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga #1) by Jane Lindskold - I absolutely loved this novel ages ago, but I never finished the series.  It's time I restart from the beginning.  I hope I love it as much as I did back then.  By the way, I'm also reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Explore At Your Own Peril

6. Persephone's Gove - Read A Book By A Female Author

League of Liars (The League of Liars #1) by Astrid Scholte - I've seen mixed reviews of this YA fantasy mystery thriller, but it sounds pretty cool.  I'll also be reading this as my September book for the Magical Readathon: Orilium - Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia challenge.

7. The Fields Of Asphodel - Read A Book About A War, Battle, Conflict, Or Fight

13 Bullets (Laura Caxton #1) by David Wellington - I just happened to find this a used book sale and it sounds like it could be a good vampire horror story.

8. Hades' Palace - Read A Book With Gold, Silver, Or Bronze On The Cover

The Pure Land by Alan Spence - A friend of mine has nothing but good things to say about this and I'd like to try it.  I'm also reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

9. The Elysium Fields - Read A Book By A Favorite Author

The Company Man by Robert Jackson Bennett - I've really enjoyed this author in the past and I can't wait to try this one.  I'm also reading this for the Popsugar Reading Challenge.

10. Tartarus: Meet Sisyphus - Read A Book About Death Or A Death

You're Not Supposed To Die Tonight by Kalynn Bayron - As a fan of Fear Street, I have high hopes for this YA horror standalone.

11. Tartarus: Meet Tantalus - Read A Book About Mythology

Heart of the Sun Warrior (The Celestial Kingdom #2) by Sue Lynn Tan - I absolutely loved book one and I'm dying for this sequel!


Are you taking part in this readathon challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've got one of Astrid Scholte's earlier books still on my shelf to read, but that cover on League of Liars is utterly gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own a copy of 13 Bullets but haven't read it. Your choices look good, enjoy!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US