Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2023 - Intergalactic Book Tag

 

Happy Saturday everyone!  In honor of Sci-Fi Month which is hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place and Imyril @ One More (Image credit: Artwork by Yosua Bungaran Cahya Putra), I'm sharing the Intergalactic Book Tag.  I saw it over on Tammy's blog @ Books, Bones & Buffy and it reminded me of how much I loved doing it back in 2021.  Without further ado, let's get to the tag:

SPACE: NAME A BOOK THAT TAKES PLACE IN A WORLD OTHER THAN OUR OWN

My choice: Mickey7 (Mickey7 #1) by Edward Ashton - Our title character is a a disposable employee on a colonization mission to the ice world of Niflheim. This series opener was a lot of crazy fun and I really need to read the sequel soon.

BLACK HOLE: NAME A BOOK THAT COMPLETELY SUCKED YOU IN

My choice: The Kaiju Preservation Society by John Scalzi - This was just plain awesome and I felt like I couldn't look away.  If you haven't read this yet, what are you waiting for?

LIGHTSPEED: NAME A BOOK YOU ARE ANTICIPATING SO MUCH THAT YOU WISH YOU COULD TRAVEL AT LIGHTSPEED TO GET TO IT

My choice: Ghost Station by S.A. Barnes - I can't wait to read this April 9th, 2024 release.  I really liked the author's blend of sci-fi and horror for Dead Silence and I have a feeling this could be even better!

NEBULA: NAME A BOOK WITH A BEAUTIFUL COVER

My choice: Skyhunter (Skyhunter #1) by Marie Lu - I love the colors in this.  I need to listen to the sequel soon.

MULTIVERSE: NAME A COMPANION OR SPIN-OFF SERIES YOU LOVE

My choice: Doctor Who: The Ruby's Curse (Melody Malone Mystery #2) by Alex Kingston - If you're a fan of River Song from Doctor Who I highly recommend this story, especially the audiobook production as Alex Kingston, River herself, narrates her own novel.  I wouldn't mind seeing more of these in the future.

GRAVITY: NAME YOUR FAVORITE ROMANTIC PAIRING THAT SEEMS TO HAVE A GRAVITATIONAL PULL TO EACH OTHER

My choice: The Spare Man by Mary Robinette Kowal - Given that this is inspired by The Thin Man, I knew I would like Tesla and Shal!

THE BIG BANG: NAME THE BOOK THAT GOT YOU STARTED ON READING SCI-FI

My choice: The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy #1) by Douglas Adams - I picked a different one this time around like Tammy.  I love this series so much!

ASTEROID: NAME A SHORT STORY OR NOVELLA THAT YOU LOVE

My choice: Emergency Skin (Forward Collection #3) by N.K. Jemisin - All of these were good, but this was great!  

GALAXY: NAME A BOOK WITH MULTIPLE POVs

My choice: The Other Side of the Sky (The Other Side of the Sky #1) by Amie Kaufman and Meagan Spooner - This was a great first in a duology (both were) and I really enjoyed getting to know the characters.  Kaufman and Spooner make a great team.

SPACESHIP: NAME A BOOK TITLE THAT WOULD BE A GREAT NAME FOR A SPACESHIP

My choice: The Scourge Between Stars by Ness Brown - This strikes me as a perfect name for a space ship!


Consider yourself tagged if you'd like to take part - just let me know if you decide to do it so I can check out your answers too!  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. The Scourge Between Stars is a perfect spaceship name! I'm glad you did this tag too, it's a fun one😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US