Skip to main content

Sci-Fi Month 2023 - Announcement & Potential TBR

Happy Wednesday everyone and welcome to Sci-Fi Month 2023!  Sci-Fi Month is a month long celebration of all things sci-fi and it's hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place and Imyril @ One More.  This year is the 11th of this monthly celebration - and I'm glad to be back in on the fun on my 7th year!  You can also follow along on Twitter if you like.  (Image credit: Artwork by Yosua Bungaran Cahya Putra).  This month I'll still be doing my regular posts, but some of them, like my Music Monday, Top Ten Tuesday, and The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings) posts, will have a sci-fi twist.  Also be on the look out for sci-fi movie and tv reviews and a few other special things I've got planned.  At the end of the month, I'll also be holding a giveaway - so be sure to keep your eyes peeled for that!  Who knows if I'll be able to get to all of these books, but read on for my potential sci-fi tbr for the coming month:

Books I Own:

Behind the Throne (The Indranan War #1) by K.B. Wagers - I just spotted this at a used book sale and thought this space opera sounded like it's got plenty of potential.

Brilliance (Brilliance Saga #1) by Marcus Sakey - I've been meaning to read this for awhile now and this seems like a great time to try it. 

Escaping Eleven (Eleven Trilogy #1) by Jerri Chisholm - This sounds like a really cool YA dystopian and the description reminds me of The Platform.

First Light (The Red #1) by Linda Nagata - Military sci-fi isn't usually my style, but this sounds like it has an intriguing concept behind it.


The Integrated Man by Michael Berlyn - I spotted this at a used bookstore and thought it sounded really cool. Plus, check out that cover!

The Massacre of Mankind by Stephen Baxter - I've had this on my shelf for way too long.  I've recently rewatched The War of the Worlds (1953) and War of the Worlds (2005) recently so it just seems like the right time.

Oona Out of Order by Margarita Montimore - I'm always on the lookout for a time travel story and I've been told I can't miss this.

Starter Villain by John Scalzi - Just look at this! It looks awesome!


Sundowner (Nicole Shea #3) by Chris Claremont - This finale seems like it's going to be the best of the trilogy.

The Treatment (The Program #2) by Suzanne Young - I read the first book in this series ages ago, and it's more than time I continue it.

Valiant (The Lost Fleet #4) by Jack Campbell - I've really been enjoying this series quite a bit more than I expected and I'm looking forward to seeing what comes next.

Library Books:

Abaddon's Gate (The Expanse #3) by James S.A. Corey - This series has been fantastic and I need to get caught up.  I'm going hoping to listen to the audiobook, but I'm currently on hold for it via Libby.

Light Bringer (Red Rising Saga #6) by Pierce Brown - I'm on hold for the audiobook of this so hopefully it comes in this month.

Little Brother (Little Brother #1) by Cory Doctorow - I've been meaning to read more from this author for ages. I'll also be reading this for Book Riot's 2023 Read Harder Challenge.


The Relentless Moon (Lady Astronaut Universe #3) by Mary Robinette Kowal - I've loved what I've read of this series so far and I can't wait to read more.


This Cruel Design (This Mortal Coil #2) by Emily Suvada -The first installment of this series was a pleasant surprise and I need to continue it.


Are you taking part in Sci-Fi Month 2023?  Have you read any of these books?  What should I read first?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Looks like a very ambitious month! I've heard really good things about Oona Out of Order. Enjoy your books!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhhhh we had completely missed your posts so far - the joys of Twitter being borked and not a place any of the co-captains spend time these days means we are even more reliant on the Schedule (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19ZePkIpeCps-Xzd6ElMRg9odZ3nKN0I-7ZVw_aMmuNs/) than usual this year.

    Having a ball catching up this morning - I have added your links to date onto the Schedule and into this week's Mission Log to share with everyone. If you could add them in as you go from here on out we'll make sure we include you in the Logs on time through the rest of the month :)

    There's a bunch of us reading Behind The Throne this month and a big thumbs up from me at least so far as a pacy, plotty conspiracy thriller with plenty of attitude. I've heard really good things about Linda Nagata too - I've got Edges on my TBR.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I knew I was forgetting something! Thanks for the reminder and adding me in! :)

      I haven't started Behind the Throne yet (I'm just hoping to read it on my own time rather than as a readalong), but it sounds really good. I hope you enjoy Natata when you get there.

      Delete
  3. I didn't know Chris Claremont wrote novels too! I was only aware of his X-Men comics. I'm hoping to read Starter Villain this month for SciFi Month also. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw that in his author description - I might have to try some of them. I just finished Starter Villain and I loved it. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US