Skip to main content

2023 Christmas Songs Book Tag


Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today I've finally decided to tag myself for Jana @ That Artsy Reader Girl's Christmas Songs Book Tag.  I've seen this on her blog every holiday season for years.  It always looks like fun and I couldn't resist.  Like with Jana all of the books featured below are all ones I've read this year.  Without further ado, here we go:

1. “All I Want for Christmas Is You”: Favorite bookish couple.

All Things Wise and Wonderful (All Creatures Great and Small #5-6) by James Herriot - James and Helen are just the best - in both the stories and the tv show adaptation!

2. “I’ll Be Home for Christmas”: Name a book where a character is away from home (school, vacation, etc.).

The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher - I don't want to give anything away about this one, but the place that portal leads to is something else!

3. “Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas”: Name your favorite “little” book (children’s book, short story, novella, etc.)

The Way of the Househusband, Vol. 1 by Kousuke Oono - I feel like I don't mention how much I love this whole manga series - it is hilarious!

4. “Santa Claus is Coming to Town“: What book do you hope Santa brings you this year?

A Day of Fallen Night (The Roots of Chaos #0) by Samantha Shannon - I loved The Priory of the Orange Tree and I absolutely need to read this prequel

5. “Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer”: Which book turned your nose red (made you cry)?

The Men with the Pink Triangle: The True Life-and-Death Story of Homosexuals in the Nazi Death Camps by Heinz Heger - I rarely actually cry while reading, but I was a mess during this.  I was outside in bright sunlight while reading and I had to wipe off the lenses of my sunglasses several times.  It's brutal, but this lesser known part of history can't be forgotten.

6. “The Most Wonderful Time of the Year”: Your favorite book/kind of book to read during the holidays.

Through Wolf's Eyes (Firekeeper Saga #1) by Jane Lindskold - I love getting lost in epic fantasy in the winter months.  Well any time of they year really, but when you're stuck inside with a big book that's just the best.  This was a reread for me this year, but it reminded me of just how much I loved it.  I really need to reread/ finish off the series.

7. “We Three Kings”: Your favorite trilogy. 

Into the Bright Unknown (The Gold Seer Trilogy #3) by Rae Carson - I finished up this YA historical fantasy western trilogy earlier this year.  Carson does such a great job of putting a unique spin on the California Gold Rush.

8. “Let it Snow, Let it Snow, Let it Snow”: A character you would love to be snowed in with.

A Man & His Cat, Vol. 9 by Umi Sakurai - Kanda just seems like a lovely person, but who am I kidding I'd be there for little Fukumaru!  Such a good kitty!

9. “Last Christmas”: A book that seriously let you down.
Youngbloods by Sasha Laurens - This sounded cool, but I actually barely managed to make my way through 50 pages it was so irritating.

10. “White Christmas”: Upcoming releases you’re dreaming about.


The Summer Queen (The Buried and the Bound Trilogy #2) by Rochelle Hasan - Release date: January 23rd - The first book in the trilogy was such a pleasant surprise and I can't wait to see what happens next. 

The Bad Ones by Melissa Albert - Release date: February 20th - This author has quickly become a favorite.  If you haven't tried her work, I can't recommend her enough.

Under This Red Rock by Mindy McGinnis - Release date: March 19th - Mindy McGinnis is one of my favorite Ohio authors and her brand of YA is always good.


Have you read any of these books?  If you'd like to complete this book tag, consider yourself tagged!  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I'm so glad you participated in my tag this year, and that you linked up so I could come visit! I also really love reading fantasy in the winter. There's something so cozy and wonderful about curling up in a blanket and visiting a new world. Happy holidays!

    - Jana
    https://www.thatartsyreadergirl.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun tag! And yes, the portal in The Hollow Places is so creepy and fun😁

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy to see you decided to do the tag! It's a fun one. <3

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Characters I'd Like To Go On Vacation With