Skip to main content

Summer of Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Horror Book Titles That Include The Word "Dead"


 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Book Titles That Include The Word "x," so in honor of Summer of Horror 2026, a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy, I'm featuring Horror Book Titles That Include The Word "Dead" that I've enjoyed.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

The Dead of Summer (The Dead of Summer #1) by Ryan La Sala

Dead of Winter by Darcy Coates

Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes

The Dead Take the A Train (Carrion City #1) by Cassandra Khaw and Richard Kadrey

Dead Things (Eric Carter #1) by Stephen Blackmoore

Deadline (Newsflesh #2) by Mira Grant

Find Him Where You Left Him Dead by Kristen Simmons

The Luminous Dead by Caitlin Starling

Only the Dead Know Burbank by Bradford Tatum

What Moves the Dead (Sworn Soldier #1) by T. Kingfisher


What are some of your favorite books with the word "dead" in the title?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Oooh awesome word! I love seeing Dead Silence and Dead of Winter on your list😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the cover for Find Him Where You Left Him Dead!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Horror is not my thing but I like Urban Fantasy so Dead Things appeals.
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've recently gotten back into reading horror, so this list is perfect! The only book I can think of right now with 'dead' in the title is Deja Dead by Kathy Reichs. It is one of her Temperance Brennan books. Great series.

    Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't heard of any of these titles, but I'm not a horror reader. So not too strange haha.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Some of those covers are very creepy. Good choice of words for this challenge month for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dead is a great pick. Dead Things Are Closer Than They Appear was the first book that came to mind. I know we both enjoyed that one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay now, this is hilarious that we chose the same word for this week! 😂 lol is there now going to be a Dead of Spring and Autumn too? 😝Love you you found perfectly seasonal books for your topic. We matched on Dead Silence, I have been so curious about that one! and I almost picked Dead Things, coz it’s on my tbr too! I swear, we’re sharing the same brain cell right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your picks!! Dead Silence has been on my TBR for a while, it looks so deliciously creepy! And I love the T. Kingfisher book too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Some great picks here! I've only heard of a few of them. I'm liking these horror words and now thinking I might do my own "rogue" Top 10 in October with a word like dead, and maybe do a rogue top 10 every month with some monthly theme. Great picks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think I took so long to read Kingfisher because she writes horror, which I don't do. Although, I'm reading The Saint of Steel series and loving it...which is not horror! lol

    ReplyDelete
  12. All very much (as the word suggest!) atmospheric and creepy looking reads! ;) Thanks for the visit to my list this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have a lot of "dead" titles on my bookshelves, too, although they're mysteries not horror. I'm too wimpy for anything too scary.

    Happy TTT (on a Wednesday)!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What Moves the Dead has a creepy cover!! Have you read the Sookie Stackhouse series (True Blood was VERY loosely based on it) All the titles have Dead in them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I enjoyed that series - definitely preferred the earlier installments too. 🙂

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

The Upside Down Readathon - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Debut Novels I Am Looking Forward To