Skip to main content

Summer or Horror 2026 - Top Ten Tuesday: Horror Movies & TV Shows That Live In My Head Rent Free


 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is Books That Live in My Head Rent-Free, but in honor of Summer of Horror 2026, a celebration of all things horror running from June through August and hosted by Tammy @ Books, Bones & Buffy, I've decided to feature Horror Movies & TV Shows That Live In My Head Rent Free.  All of the titles I'm featuring are ones I feel like I haven't talked about how much I love enough.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:  

Movies:

Dead of Night - This is one of my favorite anthology horror movies.  The wrap around story and each segment are very effective.  My favorite two segments are segments are The Hearse Driver and The Ventriloquist's Dummy.  It's wild to think that this movie is basically is what started the whole evil ventriloquist dummy thing - classic!

Last Night with the Devil - The style of this as a found footage movie is really cool.  Plus, David Dastmalchian is one of my favorite actors and I was delighted with that Svengoolie reference!

Oddity - I've really enjoyed all three of Damian McCarthy's feature length films (the other two are Caveat and Hokum), but this is my favorite of them.  I loved how this one ends, but I would love it even more if it kept going another minute or so, if you know what I mean!  I can't wait to see what this director does in the future.

Prince of Darkness - John Carpenter's a favorite director and I feel like I don't mention how much I love this one (I probably talk more about Big Trouble in Little China, The Thing, and Escape From New York).  It's so atmospheric and somehow I was on edge for the entire runtime.  Also, as a fan of Big Trouble in Little China, I was glad to see Dennis Dun and Victor Wong in major roles here as well.

What We Do in the Shadows - I love the tv series adaptation/ spin-off, but the original movie is the one I go back to most often in comparison.  It's so funny and there are lots of parts that live in my head rent free, no matter how many times I've watched it!  I'm very happy that We're Wolves is moving forward!

TV Shows:

Channel Zero - This is a favorite anthology tv series.  Each of the four seasons are their own separate story and all of them are excellent, but my favorite the group is season 2's "No-End House."  It's so creepy and unsettling! I'm still upset the show got cancelled after 4 seasons - I would have been thrilled if it had several more.

Dead Boy Detectives - This series was so much fun, if stressful.  I was genuinely upset to find out it was cancelled.  I still miss Charles, Edwin, Crystal, Niko, and all the rest.

Midnight Mass - I've really enjoyed a lot of Mike Flanagan's projects, but this limited series is currently my all time favorite of his.  I really hope Hamish Linklater and Mike Flanagan will collaborate again in the future and join the family! 

The Terror - The first season of this show (what I've seen of this anthology series so far) was amazing! I was thoroughly engrossed in the storyline, the real life history, and the characters.  I'm still hurt by Dr. Goodsir's fate!

The Twilight Zone - This anthology series has so many amazing episodes that are all so rewatchable, no matter how many times I've seen them.  As a big reader, the ending of the episode "Time Enough at Last" (Season 1, Episode 8) does me in every single time!


Have you watched any of these movies or tv shows?  What stories live in your head rent free?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't heard of any of these except " The Twilight Zone," which my husband still loves. Thanks for sharing.

    https://thebookconnectionccm.blogspot.com/2026/07/top-ten-tuesday-top-ten-books-that-live.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. A few frightening movies that live in my head rent-free for their terrorizing capability: The Hearse; Invasion of the Body Snatchers: Psycho.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These look interesting. I can't watch horror as I prefer to sleep. The scary ones that I have seen I do still think about 😂 ET, The Others and Final Destination - The Rollercoaster one (can't remember which number) come to mind 😂

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2026/07/21/top-ten-tuesday-books-that-live-in-my-head-rent-free/

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Twilight Zone is the only one of these that I'm remotely familiar with. Then again, I'm not much for horror.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/my-seven-favorite-holiday-reads-of-2025/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Terror sounds really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Twilight Zone is such good classic horror. But The Terror looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I’m not one for horror these days but I used to enjoy scaring myself with The Twilight Zone and I also enjoyed The Dead Boy Detectives
    Thanks for sharing your #TTT

    ReplyDelete
  8. Late Night With The Devil was so good!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm a huge fan of The Twilight Zone! I've watched every episode multiple times, so good😁

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm not much of a horror fan (although I do enjoy the occasional horror/psychological thriller) but The Twilight Zone was my CHILDHOOD. I remember watching various episodes with my dad and being petrified 😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Sumer 2026 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Debut Novels I Am Looking Forward To