Thanks to Brittany @ Space Between The Spines for tagging me for the Christmas Carol Book Tag! For this tag I will be answering questions inspired by famous Christmas songs. Sounds like fun to me!
1. You're a Mean One, Mr. Grinch - Name a villainous character you can't help but love to hate.
Like Brittany, I'm going to have to go with Dolores Umbridge. I think I wanted her gone more than You-Know-Who himself!
I also love to hate Moriarty, the Napoleon of Crime, from Sherlock Holmes. Who doesn't love to hate Sherlock's criminally inclined mental equal?
2. All I Want For Christmas Is You - What book do you most want to find under your Christmas tree this year?
I can only pick one? If that's the case, I would love to get Blue Lily, Lily Blue by Maggie Stiefvater. I've really enjoyed the previous books in this series and I can't wait to continue it!
A close second would be Jackaby by William Ritter. It sounds like it's right up my alley!
3. Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer - Name a favorite character that had to overcome a major obstacle. Why are they your favorite?
One of my recent favorites would have to be Celaena Sardothian beating the odds, and other competitors, in Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas. I love that she's such a complex character who is very intriguing and strong.
4. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town - Which characters do you think are at the top of Santa's "nice" and "naughty" list?
If we're going with new books I'll say Calvin from Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick definitely tops the naughty list (I don't want to spoil anything as to why that's the case!) and Star Mackie from Hope is a Ferris Wheel by Robin Herrera should be topping the nice list. She's a remarkable 5th grader with a great big heart who really deserves it.
5. Frosty the Snowman - What book just melts your heart?
Hope is a Ferris Wheel by Robin Herrera is fantastic. Young Star has such big hopes and dreams that it's easy to want to join her club!
6. Feliz Navidad - Your favorite book that takes place in a country other than you own
The Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling! Always.
7. It's the Most Wonderful Time of the Year - What book do you read to get in the Christmas spirit?
Like Brittany, I don't read too many Christmas books, but I always enjoy A Christmas Carol by Charles Dickens. My favorite movie adaptation is the 1951 version starring Alastair Sim, by the way.
8. Sleigh Ride - What character would you most want to spend the holiday with?
Here are three I'd like to spend Christmas with (but maybe not all together):
Aslan from The Chronicles of Narnia, Professor McGonagall from Harry Potter, and Zaphod Beeblebrox from The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. Aslan since he's the wise ruler of Narnia, McGonagall since she's one of the Hogwarts professors I'd love to know more about, and Zaphod because he could really liven up any Christmas party.
9. Baby It's Cold Outside - First things first, I cannot stand this song! - What book do you hate so much you'd sacrifice it to the fire to stay warm?
Black Ice by Becca Fitzpatrick - it was a train wreck (one I couldn't peel my eyes away from though), honestly. Here's my review.
10. Do You Hear What I Hear? - What book would you recommend to everyone?
Doubt by Anne-Rae Vasquez and the sequel, Resist.
Tag You're It! Don't forget to link me your answers because I really would like to see them. If I didn't tag you and you want to join in the fun, please feel free to jump right in.
A Kernel of Nonsense
Brin's Book Blog
Books, Bones & Buffy
Juliababyjen's Reading Room
By the way, I thought I'd share my favorite Christmas song, Good King Wenceslas by The Ames Brothers! Enjoy!