Skip to main content

Night Song (World War II Liberator #2) by Tricia Goyer - Review


❋ ❋ ❋ ❋ 

Surrounded by evil and weakened by starvation, Jakub finds himself playing his beloved violin in the prisoner-led orchestra of Mauthausen death camp. Evie, the daughter of an Austrian diplomat, realizes she can't just stand and joins the resistance while Nick, her American fiance, risks everything to be by her side.

I really lucked out when I stumbled upon Night Song at a thrift shop. A friend of mine read it just before I started in and she was hooked on it right from the beginning and gave it a glowing review. I agree with her - this is one of the best inspirational WWII-set books I've read in a long time. It's a compelling character-driven novel of bravery and sacrifice amidst the horrors of the Nazi regime. This haunting and beautifully written work of historical-fiction comes highly recommended!


I sped through this novel from June 23 - 24, 2015 and my review is also on Goodreads.

Comments

  1. I haven't read anything by Tricia Goyer yet, but she's long been on my to read list. I definitely want to read one of her WWII books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hadn't even heard of this author before I found this book - this one is definitely one to check out though! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Wish I Could Read Early