Skip to main content

Music Monday: Doctor Sleep (2019)


 Happy Monday everyone and welcome back to Music Monday! Let's share some songs we've been enjoying lately!  If you would like to play and I really hope you do, please see the rules and link up below.


Rules:

Every Monday share a few songs you've been enjoying lately.  It doesn't have to be a specific genre, new, or one of your favorites - just something you'd like to share with others.  If possible, share a music or lyric video of the song and your thoughts on the song(s), artist(s), and/or music video(s).

If you would like to participate in Music Monday, please join the link up by sharing your post's url.


Happy Monday and welcome to Music Monday everyone! For the entire month of October, I'll be featuring music to get us in the Halloween spirit. This week I'm spotlighting music from Doctor Sleep (2019). I love both the novel and the adaptation of Stephen King's sequel to The Shining - the movie is a great combination of King and Kubrick and it hit pretty much all the right notes for me. If you haven't seen it, it's must watch especially if you're a fan of the source material (of both this and its predecessor) and Stanley Kubrick's The Shining) which I love as a movie, but less so as an adaptation. Either way, I'd say this works on both fronts as an adaptation and a film so that's a win from me. The score of the film is excellent and it brings in a lot of great elements from the original film. Plus, the score was written by The Newton Brothers who also scored Netflix's The Haunting of Hill House which was amazing. Give a listen to Dies Irae/ Violet (Incorpating The Shining Main Title), The Shining, Doctor Sleep, Rose Traveling, The Overlook, and We Go On:












You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. I haven't watched Doctor Sleep. That being said, I like all the songs you picked.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's definitely worth it. Thanks for linking up with me!

      Delete
  2. i find a lot of music through movies, tv and commercials.
    sherry @ fundinmental

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read or seen Dr. Sleep but I like it when music kinda freaks me out, or a good scary show has good music. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. FUN STORY. I watched Doctor Sleep but not The Shining.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Personally, I think I prefer the movie version of Doctor Sleep to The Shining. :)

      Delete
  5. I love these songs!! I need to watch the film ASAP!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows