Skip to main content

The Friday 56 (With Book Beginnings): Like A River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson

     

On Friday's I take part in two weekly link ups - The Friday 56, hosted by Freda's Voice, and Book Beginnings, hosted by Rose City Reader.  For The Friday 56, you choose a book, a book you have just finished, a book you are about to start, your current read, and share a line or a few lines that grab you (but don't spoil anything) from page 56 or 56% of the way through the ebook. Post it and share your post's url on Freda's most recent Friday 56 post. As for Book Beginnings, you share the first sentence or so and your initial thoughts, impressions, or whatever else it inspires, and then link up your post's url with Rose City Reader. 

Happy Friday (the final one of 2022, I can't believe it!) everyone! This week I'm spotlighting one of my Reindeer Readathon 2022 books, Like A River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson.  The first book in this historical fantasy series was such a pleasant surprise, and I'm hoping this will be just as great.

Beginning: 

Sunrise comes late to California.  

56:

We sit around the campfire, which isn't as huge and roaring as usual on account of the fact that the Major and Becky have gotten the stove fired up and hotter than blazes.


Have you read this book?  Are you taking part in this readathon?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I haven't read this book but the cover looks great! Hope you enjoy.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-7

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haven't heard of this book - but what a pretty cover! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't read this or the first book. I hope you will enjoy it as much as the first! I don't usually gravitate toward books set during the Gold Rush, but you have me curious about this one, especially since it has a fantasy element in it. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fantastic. I don't often seen many set during that time period and I'd like to see more. :)

      Delete
  4. That cover is amazing! I have not read the book, nor am I participating in the readathon. I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. his is a new one for me, but it looks interesting. Thanks for playing along on BBOF! Have a happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cover!! Wishing you the best for 2023!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful cover! I hope you enjoy it!! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that cover! I hope you enjoy. Thanks for stopping by and commenting at Colletta's Kitchen Sink :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't read this one. I hope you are enjoying it. Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I loved the first book too, but haven't read this one yet. Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a gorgeous cover! Hope you enjoy it! Happy New Year! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows