Skip to main content

Reindeer Readathon 2022 - Announcement & TBR

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my TBR for the Reindeer Readathon which will run for the entire month of December.  It is hosted by Erik @ Breakeven Books with some help from Noelle, Christine & Mo, Kristin, and Lezlie.  I'm on Mistletoe Team which is hosted by Erik himself.  I really enjoyed last year's readathon, and I think I've got a pretty great reading list put together.  Without further ado, let's get to my tbr: 

DASHER - 15 PTS - Finish a series or pick up a book that you started and put down.  If neither of these are options, a short story/ novella.

My choice: Greywaren (Dreamer Trilogy #3) by Maggie Stiefvater - I've loved this series and the world that it's set in.  I'm not ready for this series to come to an end!

DANCER - 10 PTS - A book with a cursive/ flowy/ elegant font on the cover + Bonus: Christmas Carols - Audiobook - 20 PTS

My choice: A Year in the Life of William Shakespeare: 1599 by James Shapiro - I found this book on CD at a library book sale and it sounds fascinating.  It's really cool that this even includes some performances from some pretty well known actors.

PRANCER - 20 PTS - A book with your favorite season on the cover or the book cover has colors from your favorite season on it.

My choice: Just Like Home by Sarah Gailey - Summer is my favorite season and the pink, white, and red are very summery to me.  I'm really excited for this one.

VIXEN - 15 PTS - A book you want to read but think it might be overhyped Bonus: Christmas Lights - Ebook- 15 PTS

My choice: The Girl From the Sea by Molly Knox Ostertag - I've heard a lot of great things about this, but I'd like to find out myself.  I'm not sure how well I like the art style.

COMET - 25 PTS - A book with an astronomical word in the title.

My choice: Life on Mars by Jennifer Brown - I just spotted this one at a thrift shop and this middle grade novel sounded good.

CUPID - 15 PTS - A book with a favorite trope in it.

My choice: The Archived (The Archived #1) by Victoria Schwab - This author is one of my favorites and I do love seeing fantasy libraries.

DONNER - 20 PTS - A book that you want to read but are not a fan of the cover.

My choice: Paws-itively Guilty (The Saucy Lucy Mysteries #2) by Cindy Keen Reynders - So I founds this at a library book sale and to be honest this might be one of the worst book covers I've ever seen.  And, yes, I bought it - they were having a bag sale so.

BLITZEN - 20 PTS - Use a random number generator to find a number between 0 and 9 and find a book that ends in that page number.

My choice: Like A River Glorious (The Gold Seer Trilogy #2) by Rae Carson - I really loved the first installment of this historical fantasy series and it's time I catch up on it.

RUDOLPH - 15 PTS - Start a new series + Bonus: Christmas Star - 500 + Pages - 25 PTS.

My choice: Forging Silver Into Stars (Forging Silver Into Stars #1) by Brigid Kemmerer - I've really been looking forward to starting a new series from this author.  This is going to be awesome!

SLEIGHING IT - 50 PTS - If you have completed all of your prompts and the Christmas Star, Christmas Lights and Christmas Carols bonus prompts, you can redo one prompt of your choice for extra points.

My choice: Buffy the Vampire Slayer: New School Nightmare (Buffy the Vampire Slayer #1) by Casey Nowak - I'm redoing the Rudolph prompt for this and am starting a new series with this graphic novel.  I had no idea this existed before I spotted it at a thrift shop, but it's a middle grade alternate story set in Cleveland.  


Are you going to be taking part in this readathon?  Have you ever read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Good luck with the readathon! Paws-itively Guilty does have an awful cover, and not a great title either, but I'm hoping it's a hidden gem for you..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just Like Home is crazy! Hope you enjoy it. And yes, that cover of Pawsitively Guilty is AWFUL, lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good to know about Just Like Home! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw that book!

      Delete
  3. Fun readathon and I love your picks! The stiefvater one and the Sarah gailey book especially.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Nightmare Before Christmas Book Tag

The French Connection by Robin Miller - Review

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows