Skip to main content

Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fall Movies

 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  This week's topic is a Fall Themed Freebie, so I'm going to share some of my Favorite Fall Movies.  Some of these are spooky but others just fit the season for me.  Each movie title will be linked back to its Letterboxd page.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

the addams family movie poster

The Addams Family - I love these characters and this (and the 1993 sequel) is probably my favorite iteration of this kooky family.

Arsenic and Old Lace - This movie is so unhinged and chaotic and it's an all time favorite Cary Grant movie.  Plus, it happens to be set at Halloween!  The movie poster doesn't quite do the story justice in my opinion.  Also, on a side note, last week someone was telling me that if there was ever a remake or new adaptation of this story that they would like to see Ryan Gosling play Mortimer.  I wasn't expecting that particular fan cast idea at all, but the more I think about it the more I like that idea.  I think his take on Mortimer would be priceless and it could be a lot of fun to see.

clue movie poster

Clue - Everyone in this is at the top of their game. RIP Tim Curry.

coco movie poster

Coco - No matter how many times I've seen this I still get choked up when Miguel sings to Mamá Coco!

fantastic mr fox movie poster

Fantastic Mr. Fox - This is my favorite Wes Anderson movie and Roald Dahl adaptation.

knives out movie poster

Knives Out - I love all three of the movies in this series and I need there to be at least 5 more!

the nightmare before christmas movie poster

The Nightmare Before Christmas - I have to watch this at least once a year for either Halloween or Christmas, sometimes for both holidays!

the prestige movie poster

The Prestige - I liked the book that inspired this movie, but in my mind the adaptation is far superior.

ready or not movie poster

Ready Or Not - I just love the look of this movie and I place in the same category as Knives Out.  I don't quite feel as strongly about the sequel though.

Sleepy Hollow - This is my favorite adaptation of Washington Irving's 1820 short story "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow."  Another favorite adaptation of this story is the Sleepy Hollow tv series that ran from 2013 to 2017.


What are some of your favorite Fall movies?  Have you watched any of these?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I've never heard of Knives Out, but you have me intrigued. Great topic for this week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All three in the series are amazing and I love all of them. :)

      Delete
  2. The Addams Family and The Nightmare Before Christmas are perfect for Fall!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great movies!! I love them all too. And now I need a Prestige rewatch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have a good week and a good day. Here is my TTT. https://dmhoisington.wordpress.com/2026/09/29/top-ten-tuesday-43-fall-themed-freebie-or-spring-if-you-live-in-the-southern-hemisphere/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yess, I love fall movies! I have a couple of these on my list too. Only a couple I haven't seen.
    https://essentiallyash.blogspot.com/2026/09/top-ten-tuesday-fall-books-and-movies.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I used to think Clue was a fever dream I had, until I found a copy at the video rental place (remember those??) 15 years ago. It became a family favorite.
    Here's my TTT for the week: https://readbakecreate.com/witchy-reads-for-autumn-2026/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw it for the first time when I was in high school - what a ride!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. I love it - It feels weird to say that I love how it looks. :D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Books On My Fall 2026 TBR

Top Ten Tuesday: Bingeworthy TV Shows

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Want To Be Adapted Into Movies Or TV Shows