Skip to main content

12 Books 12 Friends Reading Challenge 2024 - March Update

Happy Saturday everyone!  Today, I'm sharing my March update for the 12 Books 12 Friends Reading Challenge 2024.  In March, I managed to complete 3 books for a total 8 out of the 12 books.  Without further ado, keep reading to see my thoughts on the 3 books I read in March:
 

 ❋ ❋ 
How to Stop Time by Matt Haig is a thought-provoking historical fantasy sci-fi stand alone novel that's been on my tbr for way too long. I especially enjoyed all of the little historical details Tom  experiences over the course of his very long life.  If you're a fan of The Invisible Life of Addie LaRue by V.E. Schwab or The First Fifteen Lives of Harry August by Claire North, I have a feeling you'll need to have this book in your life.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 

The Bone Orchard by Sara A. Mueller is a tough one for me to rate. The concept and the atmosphere had me hooked, but the plot at times left me scratching my head and sometimes with more questions than anything else. The characters were also tough to differentiate at times and I found myself having to double check who was speaking.

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ ❋ ❋ 
A Natural History of Dragons (The Memoirs of Lady Trent #1) by Marie Brennan is a new to me favorite.  Historical fantasy has always been one of my favorite genres, so I don't know why I put off this series opener for so long.  I'm very glad I decided to listen to the audiobook because the production was great.  Kate Reading has a good voice for it.  I loved this and I need to read the rest of the series asap!  If you're fan of Travis Baldree, T. Kingfisher, or Shannon Chakraborty, you'll want to start this series too.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. How to Stop Time and A Natiral History of Dragons are on my TBR, I'm glad you loved them😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm doing this challenge too! I've only read 6 of my 12, though. You're doing better than me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some of my holds came in sooner than expected. Good luck! 😊

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Movie and TV Characters Everyone Loves But I Just Don't Get

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I Enjoyed That Have Under 2000 Ratings On Goodreads

Top Ten Tuesday: Books Set Outside Of The US