Skip to main content

Book Riot's Read Harder Challenge 2024 - April Update: In the Woods & the sun and her flowers

 

Happy Tuesday everyone!  I hope everyone's been doing well.  I've now completed 8 tasks for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.  The tasks I completed this month required me to read a “howdunit” or “whydunit” mystery and to read an indie published collection of poetry by a BIPOC or queer author.  I selected In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad #1) by Tana French and the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur respectively.  Read on to see my mini reviews and my plans for next month:

 ❋ 

In the Woods (Dublin Murder Squad #1) by Tana French is a book I had high expectations for, but it just kind of dragged for me.  I really liked how it started off, but it started to lose me a bit as it went on.  Maybe it should have been shorter.   I don't think I'll check out the rest of the series. 

My review is also on Goodreads.


 ❋ 

the sun and her flowers by Rupi Kaur is a poetry collection that I've had my eye on for awhile now.  While this author is incredibly talented this isn't a favorite from her.  Honestly, I think I preferred milk and honey a little more but this is still worth reading if you're a fan of Rupi Kaur's style.

My review is also on Goodrads.


Next Up For May: 

Read a cozy fantasy book.

My choice: Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews - I really enjoyed the first installment of this series and the GraphicAudio production was a lot of fun.  I can't wait to listen to book 2.

Pick a challenge from any of the previous years’ challenges to repeat!

My choice: Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb - The first book in this series was amazing and I can't wait to see where it goes.


Are you taking part in this challenge?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Royal Assassin is amazing, all those books sounds great :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it after how much I enjoyed book one.

      Delete
  2. Hope you enjoy both the sequels, I'd love to start the Innkeeper Chronicles at some point😁

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR