Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR


Happy Wednesday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my tbr for Wyrd & Wonder (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid) which is a month long celebration of all things fantasy during this month of May.  It is co-hosted Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story.  I always love participating in Lisa and imyril's Sci-Fi Month in November and I've loved taking part in Wyrd & Wonder these last couple of years.  It's such a cool way to challenge myself to read more fantasy.  Anyway, I have a lot of good stuff planned around my part of the internet this month (perhaps even a giveaway as a grand finale) - and a lot of my regular weekly posts will have a distinct fantasy flavor.  You can follow the Twitter account for this here, Bluesky. and there's even a Discord server called Otherworlds to keep track of all the chatter this month.  Without further ado, let's get to what I hope to read this month.  No guarantees that'll I'll be able to work all of these in, but I'll give it my best try and this gives me a great potential reading list:

All the Stars and Teeth (All the Stars and Teeth #1) by Adalyn Grace - This sounds like a fun YA fantasy series opener.  I'm also reading this for the 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

The Alloy of Law (Mistborn #4) by Brandon Sanderson - I loved the original trilogy and I can't wait to try this next installment.  

Another Fine Myth (Myth Adventures #1) by Robert Lynn Asprin - This series has been recommended to me so many times and this seems like the perfect time to try it.

Discount Armageddon (InCryptid #1) by Seanan McGuire - This author is one of my favorites and I can't wait to start this this.  I'm also reading this for the 2024 Popsugar Reading Challenge.

Doon (Doon #1) by Carey Corp and Lorie Langdon - This is based on the Broadway musical Brigadoon which was also adapted into the 1954 movie of the same name starring Gene Kelly, Van Johnson, and Cyd Charisse.  That movie adaptation, while not a favorite Gene Kelly movie, is still pretty fun.  I'm looking forward to seeing what this book adaptation does with the story.  I'm also reading this for Beat The Backlist 2024.

First Lord's Fury (Codex Alera #6) by Jim Butcher - This series has been amazing and I can't believe I'm up the finale.  This will be the perfect month to wrap it all up.  I'm also reading this for Beat The Backlist 2024.

First Rider's Call (Green Rider #2) by Kristen Britain - I really enjoyed the first book in this YA fantasy series and I can't wait to see what's next.  I can't believe I never got around to this series when it was new.  I'm also reading this for Beat The Backlist 2024.

A Murder of Mages (The Maradaine Constabulary #1) by Marshall Ryan Maresca - I haven't read anything by this author, but this seems like as good as a place as any to dive into the wider series.

Realm of Ash (The Books of Ambha #2) by Tasha Suri - I've been putting this off for way too long!

Royal Assassin (The Farseer Trilogy #2) by Robin Hobb - The first book in this series was amazing and I can't wait to see where it goes.  I'm also reading this for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.

The Song of All (The Legacy of Heavens #1) by Tina LeCount Myers - I won this ages ago and it's time I finally try it.  I'm also reading this for Beat The Backlist 2024.

Straight on Till Morning by Liz Braswell - After reading Peter Darling, I decided I need to try more Peter Pan retellings.  I'm also reading this for Beat The Backlist 2024.

Sweep in Peace (Innkeeper Chronicles #2) by Ilona Andrews - I really enjoyed the first installment of this series and the GraphicAudio production was a lot of fun.  I can't wait to listen to book 2.  I'm also reading this for Book Riot's 2024 Read Harder Challenge.


The Tainted Cup (Shadow of the Leviathan #1) by Robert Jackson Bennett - I've been dying to read this one, but I've been saving it up for this month.

A Tempest of Tea (Blood and Tea #1) by Hafsa Faizal - This sounds like it could be a new favorite!


Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder this year?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. I loaded up my Wyrd and Wonder TBR with October Daye books - I really want to read the InCryptid series but I told myself I had to get caught up on October before starting another of her series. She writes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have some great books on your tbr. I love the Farseers trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such an ambitious TBR, but you've picked out some great books. Good luck and have fun reading!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with your TBR! I really enjoyed Realm of Ash (not quite as much as Empire though).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look like some good books and specking of...I just started reading Mistborn.
    Good luck on you tbr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Fantasy Series I Want To Catch Up On