Skip to main content

Magical Readathon: Orilium - Spring Equinox 2024 - Wrap Up & Mini Reviews

Happy Monday everyone!  Today I'm sharing my wrap up and mini reviews for my Spring Equinox 2024 classes at Orilium for the Magical Readathon, hosted by G. @ Book Roast.  I've followed the Novice Path, completed the Traveller's Key, have Geared Up, completed the Spring Equinox 2022 and August Equinox 2022, visited Old Favour Pass in 2022, completed the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2023, completed the Spring Equinox 2023 and Autumn Equinox 2023, and visited Old Favour Pass in 2023.  I've also been working on the Choose Your Own Adventure: Year In Aeldia 2024 as well.  Anyway, this Spring Equinox semester ran all of April and I continued with Scribe.  I took 5 courses this semester and completed all of them.  Keep reading to my thoughts on the books I read this semester:

Elemental Studies - Call Lightning - Source of Light on cover

❋ ❋ 

The idea of Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi, Vol. 1 (Grandmaster of Demonic Cultivation: Mo Dao Zu Shi #1)  by Mo Xiang Tong Xu pulled me right in from the get go.  So much happens and there's a lot to keep track of - I'm glad their was a glossary and appendix included because that was quite a useful too.  As cool as it was though, I still felt somewhat out of the loop with this novel, but I would still really love to watch The Untamed  tv show adaptation someday.  I'm not sure if I'll continue with the novels or not though.  Visuals might help make more sense of all of it for me, honestly.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Inscription - Practical: Typography - Write down three titles, fold them up, and pick one

❋ ❋ 

Thief Liar Lady by D.L. Soria is a solid Cinderella retelling but the first act really drags. Once you get through that though it picks up and gets very interesting.  That said, though, it's still much too long.  For me, it probably could have been trimmed down about 20%.  If you're interested in retellings of classic fairy tales, you may still want to give this a shot.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Spells & Incantations - Spell: Quick Count - Random number generator

❋ ❋ 

Operation Otherworld (Operation Otherworld #1-2) by Poul Anderson is a collection of the first two books in a longer series.  It's actually a few novellas/ shorts put together on top of that and that becomes pretty clear as you're reading.  I really liked first book in this collection but honestly I probably could have done without book two.  That said I really appreciate just how well the author blends genres.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Restoration - Regaining Consciousness - Book you think could cure slumps 

❋ ❋ ❋ 

The Prisoner's Throne (The Stolen Heir Duology #2) by Holly Black was one of my most anticipated reads of the year and it really delivers as a grand finale.  I don't want to give anything away, but I will say that those last 80 or so pages really had me on the edge of my seat and a bit stressed out!  I was very nervous for more than one character.  As great of a finale as this is, I still hope it's not really the end and that we'll see some of these characters again in the future.

My review is also on Goodreads.


Lore - Course focus interrupted - Reread the Legend of Dia

This little short story was pretty cool. G has put so much thought into all of this!


Did you take part in this readathon?  Have you read any of these books?  As always, thanks for visiting and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR