Skip to main content

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Top Ten Tuesday: Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May

Happy Tuesday everyone!  Welcome to Top Ten Tuesday which is is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl.  In honor of Wyrd & Wonder 2024 (a month long celebration of all things fantasy co-hosted by Lisa @ Dear Geek Place, imyril @ There’s Always Room For One More, Ariana @ The Book Nook, Annemieke @ A Dance With Books, and Jorie @ Jorie Loves A Story (artwork by Ehtisham Sajid), my post has a fantasy flavor.  This week I'm featuring Favorite Fantasy Books I've Read Since Last May.  Without further ado, here we go in alphabetical order by title:

The Adventures of Amina Al-Sirafi (Amina Al-Sirafi #1) by Shannon Chakraborty - I can't recommend this enough, especially the audiobook production which is brilliant.

Bookshops & Bonedust (Legends & Lattes #0) by Travis Baldree - This prequel was just nice and I very much appreciated just how bookish it was.

Before the Devil Knows You're Here by Autumn Krause - I didn't know how much I needed this dark fantasy folk horror novel but it was outstanding.  Plus, I've never seen Johnny Appleseed in a featured in a book quite like this.  If you like Maggie Stiefvater, you need to try this.

The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein by Kiersten White - I love historical fantasy especially with tinges of horror and this Frankenstein retelling was perfect.

The Fragile Threads of Power (Threads of Power #1) by V.E. Schwab - I just loved seeing Kell, Lila, Rhy, and Alucard again!

The Hollow Places by T. Kingfisher - If you're at all a fan of horror fantasy, you have to read this.

Loki: A Bad God's Guide to Being Good (Loki: A Bad God's Guide #1) by Louie Stowell - This was just delightful and Ben Willbond has a great voice for the audiobook.  I can't wait to listen to the rest of this MG series.


Menewood (The Hild Sequence #2) by Nicola Griffith - I loved the first book in this series and this sequel was just as perfect.

The Priory of the Orange Tree (The Roots of Chaos #1) by Samantha Shannon - The world-building and the cast of characters in this are amazing.

To Shape a Dragon's Breath (Nampeshiweisit #1) by Moniquill Blackgoose - I had no expectations going into this at all, but it really blew me away!  I can't wait for the sequel.


Have you read any of these books?  What are some of your recent favorite fantasy books?  Are you taking part in Wyrd & Wonder this year?  As always, thanks for visiting my blog and perhaps even commenting down below!

Comments

  1. Even though they are all fantasy I can tell by the covers that they are all very different books. Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved To Shape A Dragon's Breath. I'm looking forward to a sequel.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea for a list! I still need to get to The Adventures of Amina Al-Serafi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you've found some great fantasy books to love!

    Happy TTT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Dark Descent of Elizabeth Frankenstein sounds intriguing! Here is our Top Ten Tuesday. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. An interesting list. I haven't read fantasy in a while.

    Have a great week!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/05/07/top-ten-tuesday-may-flowers/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you're looking for some good ones, you can't miss with these.

      Delete
  7. Before the Devil Knows You're Here cover reminds me of Hozier's cover, Unreal Unearth. And I think that Hozier and that book fit together

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I 100% thought the exact same thing when I first saw it. :)

      Delete
  8. I love seeing all your picks. Here is my post-https://paigesofnovels.com/2024/05/07/top-ten-tuesday-books-with-floral-nature-covers/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I enjoyed reading both of Travis Baldree's books last year. I look forward to reading more by him.
    Pam @ Read! Bake! Create!
    https://readbakecreate.com/may-flowers-book-covers-with-flowers/

    ReplyDelete
  10. To Shape a Dragon's Breath sounds like such a cool book, I have not hear of this one before, but it is going on my TBR!
    Happy Reading
    Irene @ Witchy Reads
    https://www.witchyreads.nl/post/ten-horror-books-with-an-atmospheric-setting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! I hope you enjoy it when you decide to pick it up!

      Delete
  11. I loved Legends and Lattes - I still have to read this prequel! I am glad to hear it is good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've been eyeing To Shape a Dragon's Breath for a while, so glad it blew you away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you love it as much as I did when you get to it.

      Delete
  13. The Hollow Places is so good!! I loved it too, and I wouldn't even say I'm a big horror fan.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Nice list. I have The Hollow Places on my tbr.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great list! I haven't read any of these, but a few were already on my TBR, and now I had to add a few more to my overflowing list because a few more of these just sounded too good to miss out on. Before the Devil Knows You're Here caught my attention, specifically, along with The Hollow Places.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you enjoy them whenever you get around to them. :)

      Delete
  16. I really enjoyed To Shape a Dragon's Breath when I read it last year. I still have to read Bookshops and Bonedust. Hopefully sometime this year.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Top Ten Tuesday: Unread Books On My Shelves I Want To Read Soon

Wyrd & Wonder 2024 - Announcement & TBR